Shipped eggs

MandaRae

For the love of 🐓Chickens & Sunflowers 🌻
5 Years
Jan 3, 2019
Pitt County, North Carolina
I know there are a zillion threads for shipped eggs but I'm looking for advice opinions for lockdown.
Right now I have them separated in half an egg Carton so they would fit okay in the incubator.
For hatching should I leave them like this? Cut individual cups? Or just take them out and lay them aircell up?
I really want this hatch to be successful since most of my shipped eggs don't do well but this is the first-time I learned about hatching air cell up.

Attachments

• 20220423_131401.jpg
    20220423_131401.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 20
I know there are a zillion threads for shipped eggs but I'm looking for advice opinions for lockdown.
Right now I have them separated in half an egg Carton so they would fit okay in the incubator.
For hatching should I leave them like this? Cut individual cups? Or just take them out and lay them aircell up?
I really want this hatch to be successful since most of my shipped eggs don't do well but this is the first-time I learned about hatching air cell up.
I would just lay them on the tray as normal?
Not sure, I am no expert.
@MGG @Pyxis @casportpony

Have you checked for dislodged air cells? I put mine on their side for the first 14 days then in the egg carton for the rest of the days. With the small end down. When they start piping I take them out of the carton and lay them on their side. I watch them to make sure they are doing well. Or if I might need to help a little. You can put the carton on a bottle cap first one side then the other. It’s like turning without really turning. Just move it from one corner to the other. I do it about three times a day or more.

Back
Top Bottom