Shipped eggs..

Bryam

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
So, I am just curious. Those of you in the United States, if shipped hatching eggs are priority mailed out on a Friday and it takes 2-3 DAYS To arrive. Does the mail still move on the Sunday? Arrive on the MONDAY? Or would the mail need 3 actual business days to arrive?

Lol, maybe it is a bad idea to have eggs shipped out on a Friday?

Experiences are most welcome!

Last edited:
So, I am just curious. Those of you in the United States, if shipped hatching eggs are priority mailed out on a Friday and it takes 2-3 DAYS To arrive. Does the mail still move on the Sunday? Arrive on the MONDAY? Or would the mail need 3 actual business days to arrive?

Mail on Sunday-HA! No mail on Sunday, or any holiday they can take off. Best to have eggs shipped on Monday.
smile.png

Last edited:

Fridays are not a good day to ship eggs.

Has anybody bought shipped eggs during the cold weather -6 C? Do the eggs arrive okay?

Bought a dozen turkey eggs off ebay. They were double boxed and temp was 0 degrees f. When they were delivered. They are in bator now. I had 2 clears and the other 10 are all developing.

2nd batch got 9 eggs. Temp was 5 when delivered. This batch is in bator only 5 days but all appear clear. Will candle at 10 days. But not holding much hope. If they don't develop I cannot say for certain if it was bad eggs. Bad shipping ( rough) as 1 egg was broken in transit or the weather.

Are there negative side affects for the eggs, if you ship them in cold weather with a heating pad? Maybe they will get too warm in the box and start developing? Then die...in transit.

Are there negative side affects for the eggs, if you ship them in cold weather with a heating pad? Maybe they will get too warm in the box and start developing? Then die...in transit.
I have seen at least one person questioning whether the heat pack in with their shipped eggs caused development to start while in transit, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.

We bought 48 eggs first part of Dec. We had 4 hatch. We will never buy eggs in the winter again. We also bought 42 live chicks in Jan. Only 15 survived that cold ordeal. We only live 2 hours from a hatchery. So now on we pick up the live chicks ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom