Shipped Emu Hatching Egg

Yes, they actually did! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been active on here in awhile. I ended up getting about 10 emu eggs from various places last year and 8 hatched.

Here are the breeders I got shipped viable eggs from:
From Ebay:
-kalifornsky
-emufolks
-juaoter0
Facebook:
-Warbirds Farm: https://www.facebook.com/warbirdsfarmfl
-Feathered Hatchery: https://www.facebook.com/featheredhatchery
-Wil R Mullins from the Emu Owners Club group on Facebook
That's great you got 8 of 10 to hatch! I currently have 10 in and hope I have the same or better outcome. My first 3 are on day 26 and the others are 4 to 5 days behind. I am dying to know what's going on in there. Great chart by the way. I created one that I think is ok, but I am weighing in ounces since I didn't have a gram scale. They are about 1/2 way thru incubation and have lost about 1/2 of the 15% expected loss so I think that's about how it's supposed to go? Did you have any other ideas on early life detection? Stethoscope? Do they wiggle as early as 26 days if you stare long enough 🤣

Awwwww send pics if you have time, next year I'm thinking of buying and hatching some emu eggs.
IMG_3129.jpeg

Here is a pic from yesterday of some of them! I posted a picture or two of emu babies in the emu hatchalong thread that Pyxis started last year.

That's great you got 8 of 10 to hatch! I currently have 10 in and hope I have the same or better outcome. My first 3 are on day 26 and the others are 4 to 5 days behind. I am dying to know what's going on in there. Great chart by the way. I created one that I think is ok, but I am weighing in ounces since I didn't have a gram scale. They are about 1/2 way thru incubation and have lost about 1/2 of the 15% expected loss so I think that's about how it's supposed to go? Did you have any other ideas on early life detection? Stethoscope? Do they wiggle as early as 26 days if you stare long enough 🤣
It’s hard to tell until they get further along. Weight loss seems good. I think the earliest I saw one wiggle was about 35 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom