Shipped Quail eggs

mossypath

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
ohio
I would like to share my experience with shipped eggs, at this point I will not tell who the eggs came from yet but would love if others would share their stories and P.M. me who the seller was. I want to wright a review on Ebay sellers with shipping methods and hatch rates.
I would like my review to be fair so others input is very impotent to me.
frow.gif

Thanks
Tammy

Got these delivered today from Louisiana. When they arrived I immediately opened box and tested the egg temp with my laser temp gauge, the eggs themselves were at 82-85 degrees after sitting on the floor of the delivery truck, the bottom of the box was warmer but I feel good about the eggs being less than < 85 degrees on delivery. It is almost 80 degrees and sunny here now.

oh my!

I did a review of shipped chicken eggs last year. many different methods.

btw, not a lot of words required,

pictures say a thousand words...

wow that sucks. Obviously this person has never had eggs shipped to them this way before. I ordered some copper marans eggs which i paid something like 20 bucks a doxen for and the person shipped them in sawdust... all but 5 were smashed. I seriously don't know why some people think this works. When i ship quail eggs, I wrap each individual egg in toilet paper - about ten times around the width of the egg and five times around the height then I stack them in a padded box and stuff more toilet paper in any cracks and spaces. I usually line the box liberally with bubble wrap and just make sure there are no spaces where eggs can rattle. As long as they can't rattle they are usually good.

as for a review I think you should tell it like it is - that this person used sawdust to pack the eggs, did not wrap each individual egg, and, to summarize, the packing job was crap. Give an exact count of how many eggs were broken and how many were intact. In a decent pack job no more than a couple should be broken. Those plastic quail egg containers do absolutely nothing to protect the eggs. Too bad for the seller because the eggs were probably decent quality but the pack job ruined the product. It pays to spend a little extra time packing those eggs to make sure this doesn't happen.

I was shipped 80 cot eggs last week and only 3 were cracked. None were broke open. They were in 2 - 40 hole quail egg trays and wrapped in bubble wrap.. Seemed to work well.

mossypath, I'm so sorry to hear about your eggs. That's not good at all. I hope the seller makes it right with you. :(

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Got these delivered today from Louisiana. When they arrived I immediately opened box and tested the egg temp with my laser temp gauge, the eggs themselves were at 82-85 degrees after sitting on the floor of the delivery truck, the bottom of the box was warmer but I feel good about the eggs being less than < 85 degrees on delivery. It is almost 80 degrees and sunny here now.

I personally know the person that shipped those eggs to you. I see him and speak with him on a weekly basis and he is TOP NOTCH, A+. His business is VERY well known all over and he is VERY well respected. He has taught me A LOT about quail, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc just from talking to him. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from him. I could listen to him for hours. He is THE best ~ hands down. Just the nicest person you would want to ever meet. :)

I have never eaten quail meat before but I am planning on buying some quail meat from JamesMarieFarms. I'm excited about it.

James-Marie Farms in Church Point Louisiana gets a 5 star rating/review in my book. :thumbsup

This is a link to his website below for anyone that is interested in purchasing quail from him.

http://jamesmariefarms.com/

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the input and the P.M.s
The post from Moby is the next on my list. So far none of my eggs have come from Louisiana yet.

My game plan is a little different from a lot of people here on the board. My hopes are to develop a small market for homes of my birds in the backyards of family’s in the area that cannot own chickens but want to join the whole local raised food market.
Developing a list of egg supplier’s is one of my goals so my customers have more resources to rely on.
The bad thing about some of my purchases is the lack of a response from the sellers. If someone told me 26 eggs came broke I would at least apology. If nothing else offer extra eggs or a discount on shipping next time.

Quote:

I thought I was being nice I didn’t even get into some of my other concerns.

I have a feeling I am going to hatch an awful lot of birds before I am done

mossypath, I'm so sorry to hear about your eggs. That's not good at all. I hope the seller makes it right with you.
sad.png

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I personally know the person that shipped those eggs to you. I see him and speak with him on a weekly basis and he is TOP NOTCH, A+. His business is VERY well known all over and he is VERY well respected. He has taught me A LOT about quail, chickens, ducks, turkeys, etc just from talking to him. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from him. I could listen to him for hours. He is THE best ~ hands down. Just the nicest person you would want to ever meet.
smile.png

I have never eaten quail meat before but I am planning on buying some quail meat from JamesMarieFarms. I'm excited about it.
James-Marie Farms in Church Point Louisiana gets a 5 star rating/review in my book.
thumbsup.gif

This is a link to his website below for anyone that is interested in purchasing quail from him.

http://jamesmariefarms.com/

I gotta agree, have talked to Robbie 3-4 times this week. He is a real champion of the Coturnix Quail.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom