Shipping Charges???

If they dont want to pay the shipping they shouldn't bid!

I haven't ever had an egg break either--but it COSTS money to buy the packing peanuts and the bubble wrap and I buy special cartons for my goose eggs. They would complain worse if you packed cheaply and broke their eggs! I have purchased plenty of those, myself!
he.gif

Shipping is just one of those deals people SOME complain about. They have probably never shipped an egg, either.
wink.png
old.gif

Quote:
True! What kind of geese do you have? Not that I need any more--don't tell hubby....just wondering....
duc.gif

White Sebastopols, Buff Dewlap Toulouse and Gray Dewlap Toulouse! I wont tell!!! v
wink.png

Quote:
True! What kind of geese do you have? Not that I need any more--don't tell hubby....just wondering....
duc.gif

White Sebastopols, Buff Dewlap Toulouse and Gray Dewlap Toulouse! I wont tell!!! v
wink.png

clap.gif
Oh REEEEALLLY? Do you have a waiting list for your Sebbies & Buff Dewlaps??
hide.gif

I generally charge $10 flat rate up to about 14-15 eggs. $12.50 flat rate for more than that, or for special requests, I'll figure exact shipping costs. I recycle a lot of the materials, but I agree... it's expensive if you use your own bubblewrap and other materials. Besides your time. $15 is not outrageous for "shipping and handling" if you want to receive unbroken eggs, IMHO.
wink.png

Quote:
You know, if you use the USPS site to buy and print the postage, you can arrange for the mailman to pick up the packages, saving you the 40 mile trip.
I charge $2 over what the flat rate charge is, for packing materials and such.
If I use the small square box, shipping is $8, if I use the medium, shipping is $12, large box is $15.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I generally charge $10 flat rate up to about 14-15 eggs. $12.50 flat rate for more than that, or for special requests, I'll figure exact shipping costs. I recycle a lot of the materials, but I agree... it's expensive if you use your own bubblewrap and other materials. Besides your time. $15 is not outrageous for "shipping and handling" if you want to receive unbroken eggs, IMHO.
wink.png

Thanks! I can hardly wait for those Milles....
wee.gif
the lone pair I have is pretty nice....but I LUFF
love.gif
yours!​

Quote:
You know, if you use the USPS site to buy and print the postage, you can arrange for the mailman to pick up the packages, saving you the 40 mile trip.
I charge $2 over what the flat rate charge is, for packing materials and such.
If I use the small square box, shipping is $8, if I use the medium, shipping is $12, large box is $15.

Yeah, I've tried that without success. Apparently, our local post office does not have internet(???) because I tried that twice & came home to ruined (baked to death) eggs on the back porch.
sad.png
It's easier for me to bring them with me to work & walk two blocks down to the post office during my lunch. It's just a matter of using nearly all of my lunch hour to try & escape the overly friendly (yet sort of creepy) mail man at the counter, LOL

Back
Top Bottom