Shipping Charges???

Quote:
Thanks! I can hardly wait for those Milles....
wee.gif
the lone pair I have is pretty nice....but I LUFF
love.gif
yours!

smile.png
Does this mean I can confirm you for an April 6th ship date, weather permitting?
big_smile.png
LOL!
Thank you... they're pretty sweet birds.
smile.png
I'm excited, too, because I have 3 more babies in the brooder, and 4 eggs a-growing in the incubator.
ya.gif
Hoping for some girls!!
fl.gif

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
Thanks! I can hardly wait for those Milles....
wee.gif
the lone pair I have is pretty nice....but I LUFF
love.gif
yours!

smile.png
Does this mean I can confirm you for an April 6th ship date, weather permitting?
big_smile.png
LOL!
smile.png
I'm excited, too, because I have 3 more babies in the brooder, and 4 eggs a-growing in the incubator.
ya.gif
Hoping for some girls!!
fl.gif

April, huh? LOL It doesn't even FEEL like winter here, yet. On Sunday, I was cleaning out the coop & it was 45 degrees in there! Not a TRACE of snow, either! By this time last year, we had 3+ feet of snow.
sad.png
Kind of worrisome for an area plagued with droughts and wildfires.
sad.png

So where do you brood your babies in the dead of Alaska winter time??

My MIL gave me two wire cages that so far have been life savers. I've been using them as brooders (I put a layer of shavings in there) and put a heat lamp on the top & set them in the coop. I have one brahma in there (from your eggs) and four little Sultans. Oh and a SUPER cute Fav pullet.
smile.png
So I suppose as long as we don't lose power, I could potentially brood them year-round. Don't tell hubby! LOL
hide.gif

Quote:
You know, if you use the USPS site to buy and print the postage, you can arrange for the mailman to pick up the packages, saving you the 40 mile trip.
I charge $2 over what the flat rate charge is, for packing materials and such.
If I use the small square box, shipping is $8, if I use the medium, shipping is $12, large box is $15.

Yeah, I've tried that without success. Apparently, our local post office does not have internet(???) because I tried that twice & came home to ruined (baked to death) eggs on the back porch.
sad.png
It's easier for me to bring them with me to work & walk two blocks down to the post office during my lunch. It's just a matter of using nearly all of my lunch hour to try & escape the overly friendly (yet sort of creepy) mail man at the counter, LOL

I take it they don't have one of those DIY machines either? Bummer...

Quote:
Yeah, I've tried that without success. Apparently, our local post office does not have internet(???) because I tried that twice & came home to ruined (baked to death) eggs on the back porch.
sad.png
It's easier for me to bring them with me to work & walk two blocks down to the post office during my lunch. It's just a matter of using nearly all of my lunch hour to try & escape the overly friendly (yet sort of creepy) mail man at the counter, LOL

I take it they don't have one of those DIY machines either? Bummer...

They have things like that???

I normally just print out my postage through PayPal or USPS.com and then just drop it off at the counter...

Quote:
smile.png
big_smile.png
LOL!
smile.png
ya.gif
Hoping for some girls!!
fl.gif

April, huh? LOL It doesn't even FEEL like winter here, yet. On Sunday, I was cleaning out the coop & it was 45 degrees in there! Not a TRACE of snow, either! By this time last year, we had 3+ feet of snow.
sad.png
Kind of worrisome for an area plagued with droughts and wildfires.
sad.png

So where do you brood your babies in the dead of Alaska winter time??

My MIL gave me two wire cages that so far have been life savers. I've been using them as brooders (I put a layer of shavings in there) and put a heat lamp on the top & set them in the coop. I have one brahma in there (from your eggs) and four little Sultans. Oh and a SUPER cute Fav pullet.
smile.png
So I suppose as long as we don't lose power, I could potentially brood them year-round. Don't tell hubby! LOL
hide.gif

LOL! Yer bad!
tongue.png
It's 30°F and snowing here right now. We've been all over the board so far. I'll be keeping an eye on the weather, and if it warms up sooner I'll ship earlier, but April 1 is my tentative start date. Besides, I only have one girl laying sporadically right now. Feathers is limping, and I don't know why...
sad.png
Might just be a sore ingrown leg feather, but she's favoring it.
We have a large heated garage, and hubby picked up some old fiberglass kennels from the SPCA dirt cheap. I laid them on their backs with the gates on top, added shavings, hung feeders, waterers, and lamps, and voila'! Instant brooder.
big_smile.png
There's 7 brahmas and 3 millies in there now, after I moved out the 14 Ameraucanas to the coop. hehehehe... you can't stop me from hatching!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know! At least your hubby is supportive?? Mine won't have anything to do with my birds.
sad.png
I called him last night & said I wouldn't be home until late--had to do the monthly Wal-Mart run and asked if he could please water the babies. He told me I could do it when I got home!?? Argggghhhh! I'm hoping it will get better, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.
sad.png

I want some of those calf huts--like the veal ones? Those would be PERFECT for ducks & geese. I don't house them in the coop anymore because they are SOOO filthy!

I got lucky... he's very supportive. I went out of town for 10 days and left him in charge of ALL the babies... he did such a wonderful job for me, but I think I will never be able to take another vacation without him... ever.
lol.png
He knows how much work it is, and is doing everything he can to help make it easier on me. But then, I take care of his rabbits and ducks in the mornings for him, so he can't complain too much.
tongue.png

So what are these calf huts you're talking about? I don't have goats or cows... but we're always looking for inovations in duck housing!
smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I got lucky... he's very supportive. I went out of town for 10 days and left him in charge of ALL the babies... he did such a wonderful job for me, but I think I will never be able to take another vacation without him... ever.
lol.png
He knows how much work it is, and is doing everything he can to help make it easier on me. But then, I take care of his rabbits and ducks in the mornings for him, so he can't complain too much.
tongue.png

So what are these calf huts you're talking about? I don't have goats or cows... but we're always looking for inovations in duck housing!
smile.png

What kind of ducks do you have?

There are a lot of different styles....but most will work for waterfowl...http://www.polydome.com/PolyDome.html

We have a few mallards, and a pair each of rouens and khaki campbells. Nothing exotic, and the mallard eggs are already pretty much spoken for. The Alaska Sealife Center in Seward wants them for their studies!
ya.gif

I'll have to check out the domes... thank you!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom