Shipping chicks

I also had an excellent experience with Mt Healthy. You can order just 1 of each breed. Shipping is $15 when you order 10 chicks. You can get sexed chicks, if you call them to place your order it’s much easier than using the website, and they are super helpful.
I called them in January for a May shipment date. I spoke with Kelle, and she was VERY nice.

I got the order confirmation email, and they had misspelled my address. Not just a little, "fingers on the wrong keys" misspelled. (Not like I never done that, nope, huh uh.) I called back, talked with Kelle again, told her what happened and she thanked me for catching the mistake. I got another order confirmation, and it was correct.

I got the shipped notification on Sunday evening (ship date was a Sunday) and a call from the PO Monday morning at 6 am.

Because I only wanted 4 chicks, I knew up front I'd be paying extra. No surprise there. Yup, pricey, but I have 5 (they sent an extra) healthy chicks.

I was going to try to split an order with my neighbor, but she couldn't get back to me in time. I heard hatcheries were selling out, and I really wanted the chicks I wanted. It was worth the extra money, to me.

I want to order some chicks soon but it's my first time. Do chicks ship ok? Is there a high mortality rate?
TIA😃
We ordered chicks from McMurray hatchery, mailed June 19, arrived June 21. They all arrived happy and healthy. We had them vaccinated for Marek and coccidiosis. I lost one chick after 2 weeks but it was not the hatchery’s fault.

I live in Mississippi and thankfully it was before the heat wave.

Attachments

• 1810840C-4E48-4FBC-AF03-7CAFF187BDA4.jpeg
    1810840C-4E48-4FBC-AF03-7CAFF187BDA4.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 9B69167B-65D0-4CED-9001-06E600959540.jpeg
    9B69167B-65D0-4CED-9001-06E600959540.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 1
I also had an excellent experience with Mt Healthy. You can order just 1 of each breed. Shipping is $15 when you order 10 chicks. You can get sexed chicks, if you call them to place your order it’s much easier than using the website, and they are super helpful.

Ideal also allows a small order, I think you have to spend a minimum of $40, which is like 8 chicks, and you can also get 1 of each breed.
Greetings! I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation for the time
I spent reading your post. I found the informative content to be incredibly engaging and
I am grateful for the effort you put into writing it. Your willingness to share your
knowledge and insights is truly commendable and I am thankful for the valuable information
that you have provided. Thank you again for your outstanding contribution.

I want to order some chicks soon but it's my first time. Do chicks ship ok? Is there a high mortality rate?
TIA😃
MT healthy hatchery in Cincinnati Ohio is where we got our girls online. Ordered 6 different kinds and they ship the same day they hatch to the post office for you to pick up the following day. It’s our first time with chicks ever and it was an awesome experience, they ship an extra in case one doesn’t make it so I actually have 7 healthy 5 week olds right now. They hatched June 7 and arrived June 8. They have a calendar on their website to show you what dates they expect the different breeds to hatch and ship.

TIA😃
I ordered chicks from Murray McMurray in Iowa, they arrived 3 weeks ago. 8 Barred Rock, all survived, doing well, and growing like weeds! I say go for it! Just make sure you can get to the post office when they call and tell you they've arrived.

I just had my first order of chicks arrive today, got them from cackle hatchery. All alive and healthy and there's an extra of each breed so I have 18 instead of 15! I ordered them Tuesday, they hatched and shipped Wednesday

Not to be argumentative, but where are you and where is @Pampered chicken girl ?

Chicks need 95f for the first week right? Shipping trucks, planes, and post offices are climate controlled.

I’ve had meat birds mailed in around this time of year for processing in mid September.

As long as they are promptly retrieved from the post office, I’ve had a fine survivability rate.

Not to be argumentative, but where are you and where is @Pampered chicken girl ?

Chicks need 95f for the first week right? Shipping trucks, planes, and post offices are climate controlled.

I’ve had meat birds mailed in around this time of year for processing in mid September.

As long as they are promptly retrieved from the post office, I’ve had a fine survivability rate.
I'm in Florida

Back
Top Bottom