Shipping chicks

I'm thinking I'm going to order from Meyers or my pet chicken as they seem to be the only 2 that check all my boxes. I was looking at Mt healthy but it doesn't seem I can get sexed chicks there
Yes you can get sexed chicks at Mt Healthy. I ordered 5 pullets and 1 roo this year. I can tell you all arrived safely and were 100% sexed correctly.

Sounds a little fishy to me. I would suggest that he either did not pick them up promptly or left them in the vehicle for a period of time.
Mark
IMG_5728.jpeg
IMG_5729.jpeg

Note the times. I could tell by their chirping only 2 were alive in the box when I picked them up. I had them home in about 10 minutes from pickup. The two that arrived alive died that night.

I don’t know if it was Cackle’s fault or USPS. Either way, that was my first and last time buying mail order, day old, chicks. Seems like it would be much better to ship sub-adults than chicks. I’ve shipped several sub adult and adult birds and they seem to keep well. No heat needed, just some blueberries for food and water.

The hen in your pfp is beautiful 😍 if you don't mind me asking, how much was your shipping?
Thank you! That hen is a splash Ameraucana from last years Meyers chicks!! My shipping was $15, but that’s only because I ordered over 15 chicks and split them with my aunt to get that cheaper shipping! Below 15 chicks would have been $50.

So, I’ll repeat previous statements. No matter how much you trust your friends. You should make plans to be at the post office early on delivery day personally. And don’t make yourself part of the problem! 😊
Oh I'd definitely pick them up and deliver my friends to her

I'm thinking I'm going to order from Meyers or my pet chicken as they seem to be the only 2 that check all my boxes. I was looking at Mt healthy but it doesn't seem I can get sexed chicks there
I also had an excellent experience with Mt Healthy. You can order just 1 of each breed. Shipping is $15 when you order 10 chicks. You can get sexed chicks, if you call them to place your order it’s much easier than using the website, and they are super helpful.

Ideal also allows a small order, I think you have to spend a minimum of $40, which is like 8 chicks, and you can also get 1 of each breed.

Back
Top Bottom