Shipping Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by John farmer, May 24, 2011.

1. John farmer

John farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Tontitown, AR.
    Can anyone help me out who ships chicks how do I go about it ? any info would be helpful if you have actual experience shipping.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Are you looking for a hatchery or a breeder?

3. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I ordered 15 from cackle and they sent 17 and all have lived.

4. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    I ordered 20 from efowl.com and got 22, and I suspect they came from Cackle, as efowl is just a chick retailer for hatcheries. They are wonderful, and so far, two weeks later, so good.

5. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    I ordered 75 from Murray McMurray and all arrived in Alaska safe and sound in April, still a little chilly here then. [​IMG]

6. LMiller49

LMiller49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    I think he means that he wants to send chicks away in the mail, not order them.

7. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I am shipping my first batch tomorrow. They completed hatching tonight, so into a small shipping box with one of the straw-like pads on the bottom. The label goes on the top, express shipping since going to CA from KY. I put some grow gel in the box and taped it shut, the postal lady will weight it I suppose and give me a shipping price and I will pray they make a speedy but quiet trip. It's not really that hard to do, just order shipping boxes, straw pads and for good measure grow gel. A heater pack is good for cold weather shipping. Now, wish me luck and good luck to you too.

8. scottfarm

scottfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    go to your post office they will tell you what you need to ship your birds. also yes we have shipped exspress and have great luck very quick getting to their new home. all making it safe and sound.

9. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    Quote:oops.....[​IMG]

10. John farmer

John farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Tontitown, AR.
    Thanks for the help, I am wanting to ship birds I have some blrw that need to find a new home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by