shipping eggs from us to canada

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigdawg, Nov 30, 2009.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    are there any laws against shipping eggs from the us to canada. i sure dont want to break the law over a few hatching eggs. please advise.............

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    It is not easy to do legally. I am not sure where you can find out. I know there are laws about it. Most people can not.

3. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    10-4. i will not ship eggs to canada. probaly not worth the trouble anyway. thanks

4. lou

lou Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2009
    Moose Jaw
    Hi I have had eggs shipped to me (Canada) from the states. If you are NPIP certified it is not a big deal at all. You just attach a copy of your NPIP certificate to the box containing the eggs and get a US Customs Declaration form from the post office and also attach it to your box. Just write on the box please do not xray. I have had no problem at all . I received 48 silkie eggs and only 2 were cracked. I was very thankful that someone would ship the eggs to me. Lou [​IMG]

5. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    ok. as soon as i can get npip certified i will be very happy to send my eggs to canada. thanks so much. i will be in touch with my post office.

6. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    How about from Canada to USA? I would like to get Chantaclers someday.

7. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i am checking with the post office and agricultural office in the am. if anyone knows they should.

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I am in canada and the last time i inquired about this to the customs and also to the postoffice, and to my local conservation authority i was told that eggs are fine, live birds are not... and the eggs are only fine if its not from a protected or endangered bird

9. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    good to know! thx!

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Oh, that is great to know! Hey, will you send me some Chantacler eggs? [​IMG] I really want some white Chantaclers! Really I do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by