shipping eggs from us to canada

bigdawg

AA Poultry
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
middle tenn
are there any laws against shipping eggs from the us to canada. i sure dont want to break the law over a few hatching eggs. please advise.............

It is not easy to do legally. I am not sure where you can find out. I know there are laws about it. Most people can not.

Hi I have had eggs shipped to me (Canada) from the states. If you are NPIP certified it is not a big deal at all. You just attach a copy of your NPIP certificate to the box containing the eggs and get a US Customs Declaration form from the post office and also attach it to your box. Just write on the box please do not xray. I have had no problem at all . I received 48 silkie eggs and only 2 were cracked. I was very thankful that someone would ship the eggs to me. Lou
big_smile.png

ok. as soon as i can get npip certified i will be very happy to send my eggs to canada. thanks so much. i will be in touch with my post office.

I am in canada and the last time i inquired about this to the customs and also to the postoffice, and to my local conservation authority i was told that eggs are fine, live birds are not... and the eggs are only fine if its not from a protected or endangered bird

Back
Top Bottom