Shipping Eggs (Just a vent.)

chicken-owner-31

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
NV
Grrr!

Ordered some eggies for my next go around and they were shipped Thursday. Approximate receiving date according to the tracking number was supposed to be today. My PO closed at noon. I started calling around 11, no one answered. I guess my eggs will have to wait until Monday.
sad.png
They are usually really good about calling me when special stuff comes in, even before office hours so I'm pretty sure it's not my local PO that's the issue. But now I'm worried about the eggs having to wait over Sunday. I'm only getting 6, so REALLY worried about the hatch rate!
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same thing happen to me last week except I didnt get my eggs Monday because of MLK b-day. And then I had to chase me carrier down Tuesday evening because they eggs were supposed to be back at the annex at 3:30 and they were not. Well, long story short, I got my eggs and I will not buy eggs to be shipped again that do not go out before Wednesday.

Sonjab, I'm afraid that I should have followed my gut with that. I was a little worried about it, not because of the seller in the least, but because of the PO.
sad.png
The seller has been NOTHING but fabulous! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your eggies!
fl.gif

Numbers, thanks for the well wishes!!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I hate to say it but it is the sellers fault, we sell alot of eggs and NEVER ship on Thursday. That is just begging for the eggs to sit in the PO over the weekend. I don't like to even ship on Wedesday if the eggs are staying in our own state.

Steve

Quote:
I hate to say it but it is the sellers fault, we sell alot of eggs and NEVER ship on Thursday. That is just begging for the eggs to sit in the PO over the weekend. I don't like to even ship on Wedesday if the eggs are staying in our own state.

Steve

She double checked with the PO before she shipped them. They told her they would be here on Friday. I am not upset with her at all. Even when I went back to the PO to get the eggs after they told me they would be there (ie after 3:30) they still were not there. But I have to say she was the packing queen and they all arrived her in perfect condition.

Yea, my tracking number said it should be delivered today too. Sure, they could have done it on Monday, but they know thier flock better than we do. Plus, my seller said she would give me more eggs later if I get a bad hatch rate. I just worry about the potential lives at stake.
sad.png

Quote:

Steve

thumbsup.gif
X 2 ....I would never ship after wednesday , hate shipping on Wednesday also......I like a safety net of a few days , just it case of a mistake.

I just got my eggs today. They were both mailed out tuesday. 1 from new hampshire and 1 from south carolina. Not that pleased with the usps. But luckily all the eggs were ok. Just hope they hatch...

Back
Top Bottom