Shipping Eggs (Just a vent.)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken-owner-31, Jan 22, 2011.

1. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    Grrr!

Ordered some eggies for my next go around and they were shipped Thursday. Approximate receiving date according to the tracking number was supposed to be today. My PO closed at noon. I started calling around 11, no one answered. I guess my eggs will have to wait until Monday. [​IMG] They are usually really good about calling me when special stuff comes in, even before office hours so I'm pretty sure it's not my local PO that's the issue. But now I'm worried about the eggs having to wait over Sunday. I'm only getting 6, so REALLY worried about the hatch rate! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  2. 20123001

20123001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2011
    Delavan, Wi
    aawwww hopefully they are ok! im [​IMG] for you and your eggies

3. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I had the same thing happen to me last week except I didnt get my eggs Monday because of MLK b-day. And then I had to chase me carrier down Tuesday evening because they eggs were supposed to be back at the annex at 3:30 and they were not. Well, long story short, I got my eggs and I will not buy eggs to be shipped again that do not go out before Wednesday.

4. chicken-owner-31

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    Sonjab, I'm afraid that I should have followed my gut with that. I was a little worried about it, not because of the seller in the least, but because of the PO. [​IMG] The seller has been NOTHING but fabulous! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your eggies! [​IMG]

Numbers, thanks for the well wishes!!! [​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I hate to say it but it is the sellers fault, we sell alot of eggs and NEVER ship on Thursday. That is just begging for the eggs to sit in the PO over the weekend. I don't like to even ship on Wedesday if the eggs are staying in our own state.

Steve

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG] hope they make it!

7. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:I hate to say it but it is the sellers fault, we sell alot of eggs and NEVER ship on Thursday. That is just begging for the eggs to sit in the PO over the weekend. I don't like to even ship on Wedesday if the eggs are staying in our own state.

Steve

She double checked with the PO before she shipped them. They told her they would be here on Friday. I am not upset with her at all. Even when I went back to the PO to get the eggs after they told me they would be there (ie after 3:30) they still were not there. But I have to say she was the packing queen and they all arrived her in perfect condition.

8. chicken-owner-31

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    Yea, my tracking number said it should be delivered today too. Sure, they could have done it on Monday, but they know thier flock better than we do. Plus, my seller said she would give me more eggs later if I get a bad hatch rate. I just worry about the potential lives at stake. [​IMG]

9. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Steve

[​IMG] X 2 ....I would never ship after wednesday , hate shipping on Wednesday also......I like a safety net of a few days , just it case of a mistake.

10. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    I just got my eggs today. They were both mailed out tuesday. 1 from new hampshire and 1 from south carolina. Not that pleased with the usps. But luckily all the eggs were ok. Just hope they hatch...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by