Shipping Eggs (Just a vent.)

Bought some quail eggs and the seller is shipping them out tomorrow. I'm taking a gamble with the cold so hopefully they don't freeze
fl.gif

Quote:
Well ... ya know if 70% are ... egg-fenders ... and they're not the same people ... you have a problem on your end.
If they are the same people ordering eggs ... they found a sucker.
Pay attention to who the egg-fenders are before you ship or start labeling your boxes "Live Chickens" Or "live Embryos".

Quote:
Well ... ya know if 70% are ... egg-fenders ... and they're not the same people ... you have a problem on your end.
Pay attention to who the egg-fenders are before you ship or start labeling your boxes "Live Chickens" Or "live Embryos".

Or maybe she just wants to be known as a responsible seller? I started this thread as a vent, nothing more.....not going to march into the PO and demand changes nor am I going to belittle my seller (whom I have stated has been very understanding and helpful....maybe she is new at this too?) This is my first time buying eggs and I'm learning. We all have to start somewhere, and there's no need to be called "sucker" or be "told" what the USPS's primary job is. We are all quite aware what they do.

If I posted this "vent" in the wrong section, I'm sure the mods will move it. I apologize now if I did so.
hide.gif
I was just letting off steam, and stated so in the title of the thread. Like I said, I am learning, and we all have to start somewhere.

Quote:
I hate to say it but it is the sellers fault, we sell alot of eggs and NEVER ship on Thursday. That is just begging for the eggs to sit in the PO over the weekend. I don't like to even ship on Wedesday if the eggs are staying in our own state.

Steve

thumbsup.gif
X 2 ....I would never ship after wednesday , hate shipping on Wednesday also......I like a safety net of a few days , just it case of a mistake.

thumbsup.gif

I won't take eggs shipped later than tues.
If your paying good money for eggs, An experianced seller knows that hatch rates get worse as shipping days get longer.
Then adding cold or extream heat, a whole other problem.
Ask seller to send on Mon.
Just make shure there are no PO holidays to hold thing up.

Just my.02

P.O. people told me that it didn't matter what I wrote on the box, they aren't suppose to even look at them if the postage has been paid online. That's why we get the discount, so they don't have to handle them.

That is true, I have talked to quite a few USPS people and once the package leaves your local PO, it is rarely touched by human hands until it gets to where it's going. They are auto sorted, put in shipping containers, moved with fork lifts etc. Doesn't mater what you write on the box - all the packages follow the same route. Also you can ship on Friday if they are going long distance, your local PO may be closed on the weekends but the mail still moves. We have shipped to the west coast and Alaska on friday and the package gets there Monday/Tuesday.

Steve​

Last edited:
I believe its not the sellers fault if the auction ends on say Thursday and you go ahead and buy the eggs knowing they could/might sit at the post office the whole weekend.
So those of you saying blame the seller well seller didn't make you buy the eggs.
She bid on eggs she wanted and was just getting worried like all of us who buy shipped eggs.

Quote:
That is true, I have talked to quite a few USPS people and once the package leaves your local PO, it is rarely touched by human hands until it gets to where it's going. They are auto sorted, put in shipping containers, moved with fork lifts etc. Doesn't mater what you write on the box - all the packages follow the same route. Also you can ship on Friday if they are going long distance, your local PO may be closed on the weekends but the mail still moves. We have shipped to the west coast and Alaska on friday and the package gets there Monday/Tuesday.

Steve

So true, Steve. The first human hands many of them see are the employee that carefully handled it then often gets the blame if something is wrong.

Regarding the post office being closed, most of the time, except Sundays (even holidays), when your post office is closed there is in fact someone there working, and most have at least a few clerks there by 4am. They cannot answer the phone but the mail is moving because it is trucked to them every day and night, Sundays and Holidays included, except one 8 hour shift on Christmas, and one 8 hour shift on New Years Day. There's just no other way two days worth of mail (that mailed Saturday and that mailed Sunday) could be ready for you to get at 9-11am Monday or a day after a Holiday.

Quote:
Don't be ugly. No one makes you buy eggs but no one makes you do anything.

Of course no matter when the auction closed, no one MAKES the seller ship on days other than Monday or Tuesday, either.

Quote:
Don't be ugly. No one makes you buy eggs but no one makes you do anything.

Of course no matter when the auction closed, no one MAKES the seller ship on days other than Monday or Tuesday, either.

How was i being ugly when everyone was blaming the seller and i stated that no one one here has to buy auctions that ship on thursdays or any day they don't want them.
No one has to buy them so why blam the seller is what im trying to say.who are we to dictate when someone wants to ship?
I also said the OP was just worried.
I wasn't talking about the OP i was talking to everyone who was talking about sellers who ship on thursday. Remember text can't convey emotions.

Last edited:
Quote:

Or maybe she just wants to be known as a responsible seller? I started this thread as a vent, nothing more.....not going to march into the PO and demand changes nor am I going to belittle my seller (whom I have stated has been very understanding and helpful....maybe she is new at this too?) This is my first time buying eggs and I'm learning. We all have to start somewhere, and there's no need to be called "sucker" or be "told" what the USPS's primary job is. We are all quite aware what they do.

If I posted this "vent" in the wrong section, I'm sure the mods will move it. I apologize now if I did so.
hide.gif
I was just letting off steam, and stated so in the title of the thread. Like I said, I am learning, and we all have to start somewhere.

Just for the record. If you paid postage on it, and the Postal Service is handling it, then it IS mail, whether it is an egg, a live bird,a coconut, or a number 10 envelope..... And people only get mad about the few boo-boos. The fact that 98% of the time, everything is delivered on time, smoothly, and as expected. Just no-one remembers or gets excited when that happens. Just the times it doesn't.

ETA: yes, I am a USPS employee. 20 years this Feb 11th, and proud of it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom