Shipping Eggs (Just a vent.)

I have never had eggs loose hatchability by letting them sit 4 days after hatching.
There is no reason to send eggs in the mail later in the week.
I have won on a Weds. Thurs, Fri ,Sat
Paid right away.
Left message to ship on a Monday, or Tues.
Never had a seller refuse after ordering hundreds of eggs.
I like to increase my odds when buying and selling hatching eggs.
I have little controll over P.O handling,... I do have more controll over the time in transit.
To Me its a no brainer.

Now packaging methods..... Thats another thread !!!!!!!!!!

roll.png

I ship every day unless the person buying the eggs asks me not to. I ship alot on Friday because the eggs I ship on Friday almost always gets to their destination on Monday. I also never ask people that I buy eggs from to hold off on shipping. I have alot of faith in the post office to get the eggs to me in a timely manner. I honestly can say that there has only been once when my eggs were just a bit late.

Eggs that were shipped to me from Oregon last Thursday got to me on Saturday. Eggs I shipped to California on Wednesday got there on Saturday. Even though the mail carriers don't deliver on Sunday the postal service is still running and your eggs will get close to their destination over the weekend.

I
love.gif
my Post Office and all the workers there. But I know that I'm extremely lucky.

Laurie

Quote:
Or maybe she just wants to be known as a responsible seller? I started this thread as a vent, nothing more.....not going to march into the PO and demand changes nor am I going to belittle my seller (whom I have stated has been very understanding and helpful....maybe she is new at this too?) This is my first time buying eggs and I'm learning. We all have to start somewhere, and there's no need to be called "sucker" or be "told" what the USPS's primary job is. We are all quite aware what they do.

If I posted this "vent" in the wrong section, I'm sure the mods will move it. I apologize now if I did so.
hide.gif
I was just letting off steam, and stated so in the title of the thread. Like I said, I am learning, and we all have to start somewhere.

Just for the record. If you paid postage on it, and the Postal Service is handling it, then it IS mail, whether it is an egg, a live bird,a coconut, or a number 10 envelope..... And people only get mad about the few boo-boos. The fact that 98% of the time, everything is delivered on time, smoothly, and as expected. Just no-one remembers or gets excited when that happens. Just the times it doesn't.

ETA: yes, I am a USPS employee. 20 years this Feb 11th, and proud of it!

Congratulations!!!!

Laurie

Quote:
Just for the record. If you paid postage on it, and the Postal Service is handling it, then it IS mail, whether it is an egg, a live bird,a coconut, or a number 10 envelope..... And people only get mad about the few boo-boos. The fact that 98% of the time, everything is delivered on time, smoothly, and as expected. Just no-one remembers or gets excited when that happens. Just the times it doesn't.

ETA: yes, I am a USPS employee. 20 years this Feb 11th, and proud of it!

Congratulations!!!!

Laurie

X2

I apologize for ever posting this. I never implied that those who work for the postal service are incompetent or horrible people. In fact, I believe I praised my local PO workers in the first post. I was venting, and aggravated that the tracking numbers stated that it would be delivered on Saturday and it wasn't. Just venting. I will keep vents to myself from now on.

GA Chick, congrats on the 20 years! That's wonderful!

Quote:
Nothing wrong with venting but please don't use "Stinkin USPS!", it was offensive and I don't work for the USPS but I appreciate that everyday someone delivers mail to my mail box ... and it just started to snow.
barnie.gif

All someone had to do was tell me it was offensive, and I would have changed the title. Hinting and being snarky don't exactly work on a written public forum where one cannot read body language or other forms of communication. As it is, the way I interpreted my title wasn't offensive, as I didn't intend to be offensive.....another example of not being able to interpret intent on a written forum.

Off to change the title to something less offensive. I appologize if I offended anyone.
frow.gif

tuper you weren't being offensive. Offensive is this:

No one made you buy eggs!

Or this:

If you cheap shippers would quit using the cheapest shipping method you can then bashing the company that offers it, maybe you'd have better results.

You were not offensive. You're just venting.

Honestly though, someone will get their panties in a wad no matter what. Don't blame yourself.

Last edited:
Quote:
I hate to say it but it is the sellers fault, we sell alot of eggs and NEVER ship on Thursday. That is just begging for the eggs to sit in the PO over the weekend. I don't like to even ship on Wedesday if the eggs are staying in our own state.

Steve

Personally, the only day I absolutely do not ship on is Friday for that reason, most Thursday shipments I've sent did arrive on Saturday.

Don't expect it to get better:

Postal Service to close 2,000 sites in next two years
By Ed O'Keefe

The U.S. Postal Service plans to save as much as $500 million in the next two years as it works to close or consolidate about 2,000 mostly small, rural and rarely visited retail locations, according to senior postal officials. Another 500 sites are slated to close by June.

To put $500 million in perspective ... (my rant) 8-12 hours in Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom