Shipping Hatching Eggs? Free Picture Label here!

Kedreeva

Longfeather Lane
13 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
So the chickens are starting to lay better now that the days are getting longer and the weather is sometimes getting warmer (hey it's Michigan, I can't expect contiguous warm weather for more than a day until june). Soon I will be considering buying and selling hatching eggs... and this year I decided that since I went and got my flock certified (and this year I get to do it myself, because I got MYSELF certified to test for it!) for NPIP, I can label the outside of my shipping boxes more boldly.

The problem with writing "Hatching Eggs" on the side of shipping boxes is that... for those uninitiated, they may assume that there are eggs... hatching. SO THEY SHAKE THE BOX! They want to see if they can hear the chicks as they hatch. Oops. For those that may correctly assume they are just eggs, they may not know what treatment is appropriate for the eggs. Obviously don't drop it, but shouldn't eggs be refrigerated? Just writing FRAGILE doesn't tell them not to x-ray a box or not to let it sit out in the heat. So there's plenty of problems just writing simple things on the box can entail.

Last year, I saw a picture of someone's shipping box with a similar label, so this year, I'm going to be shipping with this image attached and I thought I would share it here in case anyone else wants to give it a try
smile.png

5502034509_6faa939f3a.jpg

And here's the larger image... I think (it will just straight download, I can't seem to find the link to view it first)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5011/5502034509_6faa939f3a_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds great. I have never ordered eggs by mail but if/ when i do i would hope that there was something like that to help protect them. thanks

Quote:
If people can't read it doesn't matter what you write on the box, eh? Fragile or Hatching Eggs or Eggs for Hatching... wouldn't matter anyway.

Back
Top Bottom