Shipping One Adult Duck

duckmeister

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Red Bluff, California
SHIPPING CONTAINERS: The special USPS approved adult bird shipping boxes we use come in three sizes. The larger ones cost $26-$28 each and will safely accommodate 6 to 8 Bantam ducks, 3 to 4 larger ducks, 2 Shetland geese, or one larger goose. The medium size boxes cost $16 each and will hold up to 4 bantam ducks. The smallest box costs $10 and will hold a pair of bantams.

EXPRESS MAIL CHARGES: Express Mail charges are based on weight of shipment and your zone. Express Mail charges per box typically are between $60 and $170, depending on the weight of the shipment as well as the distance from Oregon. Call or e-mail us for shipping charges on specific orders. (When requesting a shipping quote, please be sure to include your mailing address.)

From the Holderread's website. Looks like it would cost $10 for the box and about $60.00 to ship for just 1 duck.

Whats your point?

I ship all ages and price depends on how many you ship, weight of them in the box, and distance traveled
I just shipped a three pound 12" square box from PA to CA via USPS priority one day (or whatever they call it), and I think it was close to $50.

@learycow
No point to my post, except to point out to the OP that size, weight and distance will make a huge difference. I know you already know this.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Last edited:
So when shipping a full sized drake, what box would one use? http://poultry2.tripod.com/id3.html This Or -Kathy
What breed is the drake? I would use the top for any duck up to 10 lbs (what the box is rated for). One adult duck or 2 adult call ducks. If a large breed such as a Muscovy drake, then the bottom box or a box the next size down (that's a big box for one duck!)

Quote: I think maybe the thread was started because I mentioned the possibility of shipping a mature Pekin drake (weight unknown) from West Virginia to CA. I'm also curious because I've been thinking about having some peafowl shipped.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom