Shipping Question:

@drinkoj yes we got them about 90 mins after the tracking updated. We ordered 5 and all arrived healthy!

We have 1 cream legbar, 2 silked white EEs (mpc specific breed I believe) 1 crested black polish bantam, and 1 green queen EE.

So far my wife thinks the cream legbar is the smartest and friendlies. She taught it to eat by tapping the food and it was the only one to come running. We enticed 3 to eat but none have taken the water yet.

They’re mostly staying under the heater and chirping quite loud. We have one very loud little girl.

I’ll upload better pics a little later. I’ve read they should be quiet if they’re happy. Anything to worry about if they’re still chirping away 2 hours later?
F8A0FB32-0AE6-4621-B59B-00A1CEF8DF4F.jpeg

@drinkoj yes we got them about 90 mins after the tracking updated. We ordered 5 and all arrived healthy!

We have 1 cream legbar, 2 silked white EEs (mpc specific breed I believe) 1 crested black polish bantam, and 1 green queen EE.

So far my wife thinks the cream legbar is the smartest and friendlies. She taught it to eat by tapping the food and it was the only one to come running. We enticed 3 to eat but none have taken the water yet.

They’re mostly staying under the heater and chirping quite loud. We have one very loud little girl.

I’ll upload better pics a little later. I’ve read they should be quiet if they’re happy. Anything to worry about if they’re still chirping away 2 hours later?
View attachment 2434579

How are your chicks doing? I’m sure they settled down, but for me if they ever chirped quite loud it was because they were cold.

How are your chicks doing? I’m sure they settled down, but for me if they ever chirped quite loud it was because they were cold.

we lost 3 out of 5 from this batch. The polish had a genetic defect, I think. I posted a long thread about it and the best we could come up with was an impacted crop, but I don’t think that was correct. The two silked white EEs also passed unexpectedly the day after they arrived. Both passed within a few hours of each other. Upon reflection I believe the shipping was hard on them.
I ordered 8 more the following week and received them 18 hours after they shipped (amazing time- from Ohio to california!) and all 8 are doing extremely well.

Attachments

• 3CF9253E-FEC4-44CE-BB05-DEBC16D1F625.jpeg
    3CF9253E-FEC4-44CE-BB05-DEBC16D1F625.jpeg
    526 KB · Views: 8
  • 378C5CD9-5230-4D72-8627-D078A27A062C.jpeg
    378C5CD9-5230-4D72-8627-D078A27A062C.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DD0042FA-B98E-4CD1-B457-9E561C351D56.jpeg
    DD0042FA-B98E-4CD1-B457-9E561C351D56.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 8
we lost 3 out of 5 from this batch. The polish had a genetic defect, I think. I posted a long thread about it and the best we could come up with was an impacted crop, but I don’t think that was correct. The two silked white EEs also passed unexpectedly the day after they arrived. Both passed within a few hours of each other. Upon reflection I believe the shipping was hard on them.
I ordered 8 more the following week and received them 18 hours after they shipped (amazing time- from Ohio to california!) and all 8 are doing extremely well.

Oh I’m sorry to hear that. But glad you were able to start with more and that this second shipment wasn’t as hard on them. Everyone looks happy with them 🥰 my kids want more chicks to cuddle too but we’ll see how our incubated eggs do.

Best wishes with these 😊

Oh jeez I am so sorry to hear about those losses! Glad to hear the 8 are doing well!

Glad to hear you got yours too!
hello, Im going through a similar situation. I ordered my chicks last friday 11-10-23, I got notified that my chicks shipped on wednesday 11-15-23 and there still isnt an update of where they are. It says they will make it tomorrow (which seems terribly long) however the last update it says Package acceptance pending