shook poultry(NC)

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bunch-a-chickens, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    anyone heard of Shook Poultry( www.geocities.com/shookpoultry ) ? I ordered ee's from them. 25 hens and 2 roos. theirs a guy from local church who is picking up a lot of peoples orders from them. they are preorder pickup only. just tryin' to get feedback on them

2. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    You might want to ask this on the TN poultry group. I got there name from some on that group. They have a website and only hatch pre orders. Looks like they got there chicks from a hatchery also. Forget if it was Ideal or MM. Way to tell is look up chick info and compare to either hatchery info. I know one of them it matches.

Meyer is less expensive than them and you can get a small order too. I was looking at shook but they are only for pick up and more expensive than what I want to pay.

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I have picked up multiple chicks from Shooks. Roger is a great guy, competitive prices and all the chicks I've ever gotten were fat and healthy. I shipped some to a friend that I picked up for her from him and they made it just fine.

I didn't realize Meyer was cheaper. I've had a hard time finding any cheaper than Shooks, but that's when you figure in shipping, too and I'm not too terribly far away so it's no biggie to pick them up. ETA: I checked out Meyers and I guess it depends on what you're looking for. They do have a large selection, I'll give them that.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    PM him and ask him your questions.... his username here is: shookpoultry

5. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    As Asher said, Shooks chicks are GREAT! Cindy shipped mine to me last year and is graciously picking up an order again for me this year (thank you Cindy!!). The chicks are fat and healthy and good. I recommend them.

Stacy

6. CharlotteHens

CharlotteHens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2008
    Charlotte
    I picked up my 10 with 4 extra variety that I ordered online from Mr Shook. As promised, on time and now 4 weeks old and growing . . good guy to do business with in my opinion. He delievered 5 Buff Orpintons, 3 Ameracunsas, 3 Barred Rocks and 3 Silver Wyandotttes. I would recommend http://www.geocities.com/shookpoultry/ to one and all. [​IMG]

7. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    I'm picking up my 10 started Gold Comet started pullets from him this weekend. So far he's been great to deal with. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by