Shooting baby predators. Is it wrong?

Quote:
I like that analogy.
thumbsup.gif

Nope,because the little one's will get big like mama from eating your animals and everybody else's. I caught two young coon's at the same time last year. I never done that before, but I caught around 30 last year. NOW I just need to build something big enough to catch a couple of 15yr old boys who like to shoot my chickens while they are cooped up.They also like to steal the chickens.I had a broody hen that just hatched some of her chicks they took some of the chicks and threw the mama hen in a small fenced in area in my front yard mind this dog will not come out of his area that's his domain,but he will kill any type of animal that enter's his yard. Well he did kill the hen. They also put random dog collars on him. They tried to make it look like the dog killed the mama hen and some of her babies.I have talked to the parents several times 1st time they said if I see them call the cops so I did NO help there.2nd time she said her kid likes to kill animals well take him hunting. They really don't want me to get my hands on them on my property.This has been going on for 3yrs. and I think it's about time to get child services involved:mad: The people in the neighborhood knows what is going on. The lady across the street has problems with them to they also have pit bulldogs to protect medicine cabinet:gig but they have bit the lady's grandson'and tried to bite my daughter several times:rant sorry I should be in bed I'm starting to sound like crabby aappleton:gig Thanks, Heather

if they were dependant babies they would have died a slow death by starvation without their mum. Killing the whole family was the more humane thing to do

I have a friend who saves every animal....even the possums that broke into her house,or the house sparrows that replaced all the native birds. She saves and I kill.We just don't talk about it anymore. It would be tough for animals to survive without their parents,and it is considered illegal in most states to relocate any way.

If your friend can not respect your reasons for doing this then either do not talk about it with her,or tell her she is welcome to come and take away all animals for relocation.Possums are pretty easy to handle,but there is no way I would want to deal with getting a coon out of a trap.Even the babies can be quite difficult.

Quote:
On the matter with the cops, don't call them saying that people are killing your pets. Tell them you have property theft and vandalism. Both are crimes and if that can't get the local PD out, then call the county. If the county isn't helpful, then call the state police. Sometimes it is amazing that some small town cops think they should only have to investigate the things that they consider to be "worthwhile"

NOTE: this is not a dig on cops, it's a dig on BAD cops. There just sometimes seems to be more of that attitude in small towns/rural areas.

On the original post: of course it was right to shoot them. Mama coon wasn't taking them to the petting zoo; they were stopping off at McDonald's!
smile.png

Last edited:
they could have starved to death without mom or they could have really starting killing birds to live.you solved a problem before it got out of hand. good luck.

You have to feel something. Even ole grizzled me don't like killing for killing sake. But yesterday morning my dog got another possum. I took my .22 and put it to it's head to be sure is wasn't playing possum and shot it. Naw, it was not adult but well on it's way.

Back
Top Bottom