Shooting predators

J.Pryce :

I think this is some type of joke. Anyone who raises chickens knows that unfertilized eggs won't hatch, & he got them from Trader Joes? I think Trader Joes is a grocery store.

I thought maybe it was a distraction test...lol. I was caught between the "hatching chicks from unfertilized eggs" and the profile picture...
gig.gif
I had a difficult time making it to the predator question.

Just teasing there OP...
smile.png

i also do have a hunting license, just not sure if it covers coons. its more like protection for me, not really hunting em cause that would be a little weird.

I should iterate what I meant by deer and turkey shooting. Deer will terrorize good cash crops, if fishing line with tin pans does'nt keep em out then your local warden will sometimes give permission. Cash crops and farming is greater than one or two deer. As for turkeys, thats more a dairy thing. Feed bins if infiltrated by wild turkeys renders the feed useless. They crap all over it and the cows wont eat it after. Obviously taking off that layer makes all OK but if continual your granted permission to shoot the turkey's out of season. But yeah, that's a reagional thing and always talk with your local warden first.

Quote:
my grandfather used to be in one of those clubs. growing up in the south it was the thing to do!

I hear they still do it here in South Georgia. People sell them to some of the older African-Americans, but they have to keep the feet on if they skin them. Apparently to prove that they aren't cat carcasses. Apparently they will pay 15-20 bucks for one.... Yes, they eat them...

Quote:
Welcome to chickens, you will soon find out that everything in the world that walks, crawls, or flies will attack to eat and/or kill your chickens for the sport of it. (neighborhood dogs being the worse, Raccoons being the most persistent) I find a live trap kept baited 24/7 helps and a 22LR the most versatile for predator control. I have no ethical problems with it

36435_ricky.jpg

36435_possum.jpg

36435_slyfox.jpg

36435_coonthumbs.jpg

My brothers and i use to sell raccoons, carp and big snapping mud turtles we caught back in the 60's to older African-Americans...I guess their still populars eats these days depending where you go..Those big mud snappers are as bad as raccoons when in comes to ducks...! I saw them pull baby ducks down in the lake a number of times... People around my area get crazy when they hear a gun, so i shovel, shut-up, but don't shoot..i use a different method, that i won't mention.
I'm constantly battling raccoons...good luck there Paul_Maxson....you'll figure out what works for you, hopefully before Mr. Raccoon does his dirty deed...My live traps are working often, raccoons caught near my coops are history...

Back
Top Bottom