Shortage of canning jars?

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
I have been trying for over two weeks to get my hands on canning jars locally in two states. No on has any. Two stores have told me that they have placed orders for them every two weeks but just never recieve any.

I need to make jam!!!!! What on earth am I supposed to do?! I sell the jam, so it's not like I even have jars left from last year.

Is anyone else noticing this where you are?

Not sure why you can't find any. I got mine at the dollar store on clearance. It was general dollar I believe, do you have 1 locally if so maybe you can ask them if they will be getting any in if they don't have any.

is there anyway to order online?
big_smile.png
Might try ebay

I don't can much, cause momma freezes most of her stuff, and I still live at home with them so I really have no where to put the jars if I did can!!

Our Wal-mart had jars this last weekend in Alabama, I think!

GPN

Good luck

I get mine at the local hardware store. But last week I did notice they were low on what they carry. Which stinks.
I use them for the hot fudge sauce that I sell. so I dont have em sitting around here either. And now I am using the bigger ones for home made tomato sauce. And will be needing more come fall harvest.

Gotta start looking and saving them up I guess

Someplaces only carry canning jars in the growing season for that locale. I know here the local mom and pop hardware store has them year round but places like Walmart (who sell boat loads of them) and other stores like BigLots and some dollar stores only have them seasonally.

What do you have coming in out of your garden/orchard that you are canning and making jelly????

If I were in Ga I would getting my garden ready now!

Back
Top Bottom