Should Chick Be Walking By Now -HELP????

rc78

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Hello

I'm new to the forum and relatively new to keeping chickens but think Im doin ok so far!!

Just had our first eggs hatched - all went ok bar one or two that were pushed out of the nest - we have them sorted now and they are doing fine thank god but we had to help one hatch last night - she was very week but has perked up this morning - she is even showing an interest in food and water!

I don't know if I should be concerned or not but she doesn't seemt to be too steady on her feet - she wabbles when she stands and does not take anymore than a couple of steps before falling -she hatched between 10 and 11pm last night- is there anything I should be doing to help her or will i just monitor her over the next few days and see how she does?? She seems content under the heat lamp - have her on a towel and have given her a little parrot teddy for comfort - the first one I took in is very active and so I have seperated them for now to give the weaker one time to gain some energy to deal with her sister and to avoid the pecking!!!!!

All advise would be grately appreciated
Roisin

They are all wobbly and uncoordinated at first. Tomorrow they will be running all over. Don't worry, they've been cramped up in that shell, so it takes a little bit until they get it together. Sounds normal to me. As soon as the chick is "up and running" put it back with the others. Their activity will stimulate it to move around and not just lay there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom