Should ducklings sleep in the dark?

Awesome news!! Do you plan on keeping her as a pet? She’s going to have a rough time making it on her own since she’s dependent on you for feed and care. I mean there may come a time when she is older she chooses on her own to fly off but I’d let her make that decision.

[QUOTE="RasppberrY, post: 20515549, member: 525969" Do ducklings sleep on their side?[/QUOTE]

I have seen ducklings sleep in all kinds of poses. Just like toddlers they can fall asleep everywhere in every pose. With their head in their food, etc. The only one I haven't seen is on their back. But quite a few poses that made me think for a second that something was wrong. Just like human children and kittens and all baby-animals they tend to 'head-wobble' a lot more when sleepy, just can't keep their heads up anymore.
After maximum 2 weeks they sleep in more 'adult poses'. About a month later or something they learn the 'head under wing' pose and 3 months later or something the 'sleeping on one leg- pose'. :p

I have only hatchlings from the incubator. Ducklings with their mom might have less weird sleeping poses since they see an adult duck sleep; but you should ask someone with experience with both.

Awesome news!! Do you plan on keeping her as a pet? She’s going to have a rough time making it on her own since she’s dependent on you for feed and care. I mean there may come a time when she is older she chooses on her own to fly off but I’d let her make that decision.
Yeah, I agree. We're keeping her as a pet for the time being, but when she grows up learns to fly she'll most likely fly away which is fine because she'll definitely become more of a hassle.

Yeah, I agree. She's not a problem at the moment though, she's getting quite used to us. She would follow us around at nip our fingers. It really tickles! She's growing in her big feathers and is completely adorable!

Can you see from the picks that little bits of Buttercup's feathers are sticking up near the wings. Are they meant to do that? When she flaps her wings they seem to be fine but otherwise they stick up. We don't know whether it's because now feathers are growing in or not. Can you help?

Attachments

• IMG_20181030_171215.jpg
    IMG_20181030_171215.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20181030_171447.jpg
    IMG_20181030_171447.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 33
If you look closely she's grown some big feathers too.

Attachments

• 1540873134154-1243802457.jpg
    1540873134154-1243802457.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 33

Back
Top Bottom