Should i assist hatching?

Thanks for the assistance i really dont think the first one would have made it out the membrane was so dry and shrink wrapped

What did it look like when you started helping it out? I'm on day 25 with Calls as well and when I went to candle them for lockdown one had popped its top. I can see feathers, the yolk looks thick and in some spots drying out. I don't really see any movement. I tried to open the membrane a little bit and yolk leaked out, so I stopped immediately. Looking for help on what to do. I've never hatched call ducks and I'm worried about what to do to help this little one?

Im new at this also but i did not do anything until she had already zipped around and torn a large hole in the membrane she just hadnt been able to do anything else for about 8 hours and you could tell the membrane was almost hard and she wouldnt be able to tear it on her own...ive seen the inside of hatched eggs and the veins looked the same not filled with blood so i just pulled the membrane back until she could get a leg out and tear the rest on her own

Back
Top Bottom