Should I be concerned over this poop?

Mmanist

Crowing
Jul 20, 2018
Ohio
My Coop
My Coop
Started on corid, soon as I seen this. Come out if my grow out cage from a batch of 3 to 4 week old chicks!!! Not sure who left the poop. Going to observe them after a while to see who is maybe not well. I brought it outside to see the color better. Looks pretty gross to me!
20200710_091504.jpg

Started on corid, soon as I seen this. Come out if my grow out cage from a batch of 3 to 4 week old chicks!!! Not sure who left the poop. Going to observe them after a while to see who is maybe not well. I brought it outside to see the color better. Looks pretty gross to me!
View attachment 2236485
Doesn't look like blood to me..

Have they eaten strawberries or anything like that?

Only seen that single red poop. All other poops in the cage looked pretty normal. Haven't been feeding anything but Nutrena chick starter. And water. Its been unbearably hot out. 99 degrees with high humidity yesterday. Another scorcher today. I dose with corid. Should I add electrolytes too their water too? Don't have a spare cage right now to do any quarantine. This batch was treated for corid roughly 2 weeks ago. Has had plain water since they went to the big coop. I haven't seen anyone acting out of the normal. But haven't really sat down and watched them for the pass few days.

I dont see any other concerning poops. I did however see one chick, who just looks kinda iffy. Didn't have much in its crop. I gave them some feed with water on it. They all happily ate it. Even the one chick who I suspect doesn't feel 100%. Then it went back to standing in the back of the cage, which is pretty normal from day one for this chick. I moved them closer to the door for some extra breeze. Hopefully it is just the heat wave we have. Ill keep and eye on it. One of my favorites too
20200710_064151.jpg

Personally my go to is usually the electrolytes and probiotics when some don’t look right or when there seems to be stress in the coop. I read earlier this week that electrolytes can help with the heat. I don’t see how they could hurt if there is plain water available too.

Back
Top Bottom