Should I be concerned?

I have 3 hens. All 8 months old. They have been laying eggs since February. I have an Easter egger who usually laid 5-6 eggs a week but hasn’t laid one since Friday. She eats well, runs around, forages and acts normal. I picked her up and she didn’t feel like she was eggbound. (I really wouldn’t know what that feels like though) but from what I read she isn’t acting like she is having problems and she is way to young to stop laying. So should I be concerned?
my other two are americauna and golden comet and they lay way almost every day. If I had more hens I wouldn’t have even noticed but she is only one who lays the green/blue eggs
Day 11 and still no egg. She doesn’t seem to be in distress. Walking, running in backyard, eating and pooping. Comb is red. Weather has been great so
Don’t think it’s that. Not sure what her deal is though.

Really?
What all and how exactly are you feeding?
She gets fermented all flock, there is also dry all flock in run. I feed salad daily, romaine, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers, etc. I also sprinkle out a little scratch seed, corn and sunflower seeds in run. Plenty of water available too. The other two are doing fine. Wondering if the first feed I gave them affected her. I started them on layer when they were too young. I didn’t realize it was later until they had gone through half the bag. At that time only one of them was laying. They were only about 5-6 months old.

She gets fermented all flock, there is also dry all flock in run. I feed salad daily, romaine, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers, etc. I also sprinkle out a little scratch seed, corn and sunflower seeds in run. Plenty of water available too. The other two are doing fine.
And she still specifically targets poop to eat?

Wondering if the first feed I gave them affected her. I started them on layer when they were too young. I didn’t realize it was later until they had gone through half the bag. At that time only one of them was laying. They were only about 5-6 months old.
Not likely.

Sometimes they just take a break.
As long as she's eating/drinking/pooping/moving around OK,
I'd not worry.

I have 3 hens. All 8 months old. They have been laying eggs since February. I have an Easter egger who usually laid 5-6 eggs a week but hasn’t laid one since Friday. She eats well, runs around, forages and acts normal. I picked her up and she didn’t feel like she was eggbound. (I really wouldn’t know what that feels like though) but from what I read she isn’t acting like she is having problems and she is way to young to stop laying. So should I be concerned?
my other two are americauna and golden comet and they lay way almost every day. If I had more hens I wouldn’t have even noticed but she is only one who lays the green/blue eggs
Update. 40 Days of no laying and today she finally laid an egg. She was so happy or proud but she clucked and sang and made all kinds of racket once she finished. Would have loved to speak chicken so I knew what she was saying. Lol probably something like “Well I’ll be damned I finally laid an egg again!” Lol

Back
Top Bottom