Should I be worried??

Nathaniel Walton

Chirping
Jun 4, 2017
Mickleton - County Durham
I put my eggs in the incubator (old still air brinsea hatchmaker) 3 weeks ago today at about 12-PM.. Today is day 21 and we are 2 hours in and no pips as of yet. Temp 37.5----38.5 Degrees C and humidity was 74% yesterday morning, will have probs gone down to 70%is but don't want to open incubator to check! Should I be worried?? Thanks.

Could they possibly have started pipping on the bottom of the egg where I can't see?

If you look, a pip is going to be obvious. It is going to be a small hole that starts out looking like a dimple. How is your humidity level. That is the delicate part. Not enough, they get stuck in the egg. Too much they drown inside. I took the guess work out my hatches by having a humidity pump. It yielded far better results. You can also put the egg to your ear and you should hear some peeping at this stage. Also, candling eggs during the incubation process will tell you whether you have a chick growing or a dud.

If you look, a pip is going to be obvious. It is going to be a small hole that starts out looking like a dimple. How is your humidity level. That is the delicate part. Not enough, they get stuck in the egg. Too much they drown inside. I took the guess work out my hatches by having a humidity pump. It yielded far better results. You can also put the egg to your ear and you should hear some peeping at this stage. Also, candling eggs during the incubation process will tell you whether you have a chick growing or a dud.
Candles the eggs after 10 days and 18 out of 20 were fertile and growing. Then just before lock down checked again on Just a few and all had healthy air sacs and we're dark! humidity will probs be about 70% but don't want to have to open incubator and move eggs to put the monitor in

Is it safe to open up the incubator to check?

Back
Top Bottom