Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I have the day off of work today and DH is fishing. I guess that means I get to deep clean the littler boxes and get the toy hauler ready for camping.

Does anyone have a good frittata recipe?? I know that I asked this before, but I am old and forgetful.
old.gif
thank you!!

Still no more eggs.
I have 2 BA's, 2 EE' and a polish all 23 weeks, I also have 3 BO's who are 18 weeks. I know these breeds aren't always early layers, but this is silly. They are on layer feed with oyster shell on the side. Plenty of water and a few treats. No signs of illness, normal looking poops and no mites or fleas that we've seen. Any thoughts? :idunno

Still no more eggs.
I have 2 BA's, 2 EE' and a polish all 23 weeks, I also have 3 BO's who are 18 weeks. I know these breeds aren't always early layers, but this is silly. They are on layer feed with oyster shell on the side. Plenty of water and a few treats. No signs of illness, normal looking poops and no mites or fleas that we've seen. Any thoughts? :idunno
why are they eating layer feed if they aren't all laying?

Seemed like a good idea when they reached laying age and I have gotten 2 eggs in the last 2 weeks.
It takes a while for their bodies to work things out. I have a couple of pullets that are in a slight molt. Rumples, the crippled hen, started to lay again 3 weeks ago and then stopped and is molting also. I have 2 pullets that are red in their combs and one is squatting, but no eggs. They are 18 weeks old. One is BSL and one is Golden Sexlink. The waiting is making me crazy!!! The Ameraucanas is weeks away from POL.

Seemed like a good idea when they reached laying age and I have gotten 2 eggs in the last 2 weeks.
I would lay off the layer feed until all of them are laying regularly (not being broody or molting or taking a seasonal break)
Just be sure to have crushed oyster she'll available to them all the time and they will tale what they need instead of being forced to eat too much when they don't need it.

Thanks! Scramble I fully agree it is so hard to wait! Especially since we had a little tast of success recently, I guess the little brats were just messing with my emotions :rolleyes:

Zero again. Penny is sitting in a nest. But I wonder if she's just broody again. She's really mean to the other hens. I hope she's getting ready to lay. She gets out and gets in and gets out and gets in and scratches and turns like she just can't find the right spot.

Back
Top Bottom