Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Chicken sitter has reported several perfect days in a row which was 3 eggs. All of my brown layers seem to be good producers which is great. Today with the newblue layer she had a 4 egg day. She has gotten more eggs in the week we have been gone than we did in the month since penny started laying lol.

On mom and dads anniversary
We thought we would give it more
We gave it our best effort
And today we laid four!

Only two more to go!

Chicken sitter has reported several perfect days in a row which was 3 eggs. All of my brown layers seem to be good producers which is great. Today with the newblue layer she had a 4 egg day. She has gotten more eggs in the week we have been gone than we did in the month since penny started laying lol.

On mom and dads anniversary
We thought we would give it more
We gave it our best effort
And today we laid four!

Only two more to go!

So the day you got a 4th layer, I did, too. But I haven't had a 4-egg day yet since they didn't all lay yesterday. So excited for you! Love the blue egg! Great anniversary gift. Better than the dead mouse I got for my birthday from my cat.

Well I got the oldest 2 kiddos off to school for the first day. The chickens are out in the run and there was already one egg in the nest box. Now I'm waiting on the little ones to get up so we can go to the grocery store. Fun fun!

Well the waters were a little dirty and the food a little low... But DH did a great job w the chickens this weekend!

And the fence is going up today ;)

Well I got the oldest 2 kiddos off to school for the first day. The chickens are out in the run and there was already one egg in the nest box. Now I'm waiting on the little ones to get up so we can go to the grocery store. Fun fun!
Sounds like the beginning to a perfect day. I especially like the picture in my head of your yorkie and great dane.

Sounds like the beginning to a perfect day.  I especially like the picture in my head of your yorkie and great dane.

Here is my whole crew. These are all old pictures but thought you might enjoy them anyway.

Last edited:
18 weeks today, had to buy another doz. eggs yesterday, I know their conspiring to lay when our schedules go from laid back summer to hectic 2 kids in school momma in school. I think my chickens hate me HAHAHAHA
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom