Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Harriet is sitting on 13 eggs. It is all the ones from yesterday and this morning.
We are working on getting the underground dog fence in today. We have it laid out and just have to bury the cable

I let the girls out to free range...hopefully the hawk stays away. They were so antsy! They also missed their human interaction. I usually go out there a couple times a day but the chicken sitter was once a day and they are a little bit wild now. Darn chickens.

4 eggs so far. Don't know if we'll see a 5th.

Maggie has some dirty feathers around her vent. Vent itself looks fine. Thoughts? I had a hard time getting a good look. It rained a lot while we were gone so their run has been pretty wet. Maybe not enough opportunity to dust bathe?

I looked at penny and wilson's and theirs were less dirty but a little dirty. The ameracaunas I can't even get near. I would like to so I can see who has been laying. Definitely a difference in the vents since I last looked at them before laying started. Poor girls!

8 from the reds!

1 from the ducks!

0 from the silkies!

9 total today!

We are missing the one that had to be culled! She was a 6 day a week layer.

The minion in front holding the chicken is poot, she is the middle kid. The one in back filling up the duck pond is puddin she is the baby. The next to oldest minion, the boy is on the roof cleaning gutters and I couldn't get a shot of him lol. Just imagine a normal stinky 18 year old boy lol.

wee.gif
YAY!! I do believe that Nugget is my new layer. She is 18 weeks old now. I got her one week after the eggs hatched after losing a couple of hatchery chicks.

I am sorry to hear about all of the loses to the group. PM... congrats on the eggs. Mortie... welcome home and woo hoo for all of the egg laying for you!! I have been gone for 3 days, so out I go to tend to my flock.

Back
Top Bottom