Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I just want some cream and blue eggs, is that so much to ask? :) In other news I'm on holiday now and I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. Still raining in England, eggs are getting muddy :( No snow yet either although it has been cold. Going to get some bark for the chickens to scratch because of the lousy weather.
Tree was put up last week and is looking lovely. I have been frequenting the 24hour egg auction thread very jealously knowing they won't ship to the UK :/
Cheeka - how are do doing?
Ok - Hello?! Anyone home?!
Ronott - sorry about the hit and run :/
Scrambles - how is rumples doing?
Mortie - hope your dog gets better but I must say that it feels good that I'm not the only one with blue egg layers holding out ;)
EDIT : correcting my awful spellings, that even spell check doesn't understand, on that topic - does anyone remember the little calculator shaped spell checks, I must try and find one somewhere. ;)

Last edited:
Can I just say that I have the nicest chickens ever?????

So I started letting the polish babies out of the coop to interact w the big girls but I put a piece of wire up to keep them segregated. Well it was a half ***** job so I've had a couple breaches but have been working from home to keep an eye out on them. The big girls and lucky would peck them when they escaped but nothing too bad. Well today a couple got out and I waited til dark to put them back cause I didn't want to have to chase them to catch them. Anyway expecting them to be roosting on the dirt bath support or in the sand like they we're imagine my surprise when I opened the big coop and saw this...

I just thought that was soooo adorable.

And here is my favorite. It's a bad picture but she is the palest lavender color w a white head. I'll get a better pic tomorrow. She is tiny and her head feathers are making me lean towards girl.

big_smile.png
2 more new layers!!!!!!!
yesss.gif
I found a little stash of blue eggs cleaning today under the nest boxes. Absolutely has to be my 2 youngest EEs! Not much bigger than a silkie egg right now, but very pretty. I have a true AM rooster coming from a breeder hopefully this weekend. He is a gorgeous blue color, but was culled for not being "show quality". This young lady is a very determined breeder, and shows regularly. She finished her NPIP schooling last year. Will scoop up all my EE girls and once he is past quarantine he will have a nice group of hens. I also have a legbar roo I will add to the pen if the boys get along.
We are working daily on the pole barn cleaning up the mess. Seems like the more boxes I go through, more memories we find. Dad is grumbling... but I can see he is happy that i go through each box and sort it all out. I also showed him what happens to a 10+ year old plastic milk jug, it crumbled to pieces when I picked it up
roll.png
He has gobs of them cut open with tools, nuts, bolts, screws tossed in them. Once we have the floor clear, DH has promised to start breeding pen builds.

Back
Top Bottom