Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Scoop from day 6.5 is I have 17 good eggs and 2-3 that I just can't see into, 2 suspected ROD's that I will leave in a couple more days but I'm pretty sure about what I see. I removed 2 more obvious lightbulb clears...basically 17 good eggs and 6 I am keeping an eye on but only 2 of those do I have any optimism for.

Whoo hoo. Tarp worked two nights in a row. Unfortunately, we will probably not be home till after dark tonight. We have a baseball tournament that starts tonight. I take the tarp off in the morning because they enjoy playing up there during the day... and my crazy chickens would probably eat the tarp. They ate all the Styrofoam from the roof.

More chick pics! I'm going to get some better ones today.

Blueper

Indy

Last edited:
Wonder if styrofoam is as addictive to chickens as popcorn is to us! I would want a little butter on mine.
big_smile.png

You know, styrofoam never goes away. Never. It just breaks down into smaller pieces.

Lol.... you guys are crazy! I guess that's why we all get along so well! BYC is being a pain again and not letting me post pictures from my phone. BOO! I have some really cute ones of the chicks' first adventure outside! Bertie is sitting on her eggs and hardly moving. She's almost catatonic! I have been pulling her off the nest once a day to go poo and stretch her legs. 5 minutes tops and she is right back on her eggs! I did sneak a peek with a flashlight this evening while she was up. I saw development in a couple of eggs at least! I will check again over the weekend. I thought Bitty's broody poos were bad..... OMG they are NOTHING compared to Bertie's! I'm talking tennis ball size and STINKY! I had to take the water hose and spray it away! Gag!

lol.png
broody poos!
sickbyc.gif

we had rain, so we had Pie with beets. we might have purple poos tomorrow...
I poured the beet water in with the pasta, so everything turned pink.

it's got fork flaked mackerel, they just love that stuff! corn niblets, beets and pasta shells.

Mama, I haven't had a turn in the bowl... don't worry baby, there's always plenty and when you have to wait, you can stay longer...

and yes, I was laying flat on the floor for these shots. gotta watch the little pop'ems when getting up and being a little off balance!
I forgot to count the eggs collected, but they are in a bucket on the counter. definitely over a dozen! I had bantam eggs for supper, 4 of the tiniest ones, it was about the equivalent of 1.5 eggs.

Cheeka they are so cute! You take the most beautiful pics!

I tried a photo shoot with the new babies.I put them on a towel, and the second I put them down, they tried to run away. I had this vision of escaped chicks in my house that couldn't be caught!

Last edited:
Sorry... I have been pretty much MIA. I have had some super bug cold, a sleep study and another co worker quitting. I do have Fridays off now, so....
celebrate.gif

I sold 3 dozen eggs yesterday, so I am hoping that that will justify to my DH that we NEED to keep Wilma and Betty. I am also hoping that a friend of ours has an Olive Egger hatch. She has a Marans roo and EE hens, but the green eggs did not hatch this batch. I am also on the hunt for a Welsummer.
I have averaged 5 a day this week and it is a gorgeous Spring day. The high should be about 70 and sunny. I plan on bringing the chicks out for some grazing time.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom