Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

a Bone-afied Relaxation Station!

and yes, I do have plans to rent the house to my friend. her son graduates from a Colorado high school in May, so they would be here sometime before he has to start school in September. he may have a Summer Soccer League... they just got back from the Maccabi Games in Santiago Chile. big tournament. I believe the USA team came in 2nd. it frees me up immensely. I can stay until I find the perfect spot. She'll cover the house and I can transfer and afford to live out west... I can take my time because we get along great and we can help each other a lot...

That's a great picture!!
love.gif
I have to find a good type of chewy bones for Belle. She seems to eat whatever I try. And then eat Scooter's.

Super happy to hear of your plans. Sounds like a win-win. Are you getting excited??

those are all Nyla-bones, which are the toughest ones I've ever found. they come in a lot of sizes and shapes, all supposed to be good for cleaning teeth. the all like them, and they are all so compatible, any one can walk up to any other and just take the bone from their mouth, sometimes, they share it, sometimes whoever it is, walks away to keep it for him/herself... but I have a lot of bones so... it's easy to grab another one.
oh yes, I am so excited about the future (except for the knee surgery - that scares me some) but to have freedom and not worry about the house... omg... I am not only counting down the days until Spring because it's a yearly celebration (compulsion) but because they will be here! plus, Wrangler is supposed to spend the summer here too, and we'll go south west together after that

Road trip with Wrangler! How Awesome! Any chance you'll make all the way to California? Come see the redwoods! It's Edumacational.
big_smile.png

Thanks about the Nyla-bones. Have to get some scratch for the chookens, so will look for those at the feed store.

Last edited:
oh yeah, we'll take the long way 'round, stop at lindz's for sure - we have family in Kentucky, so OK should keep an eye out, because with family in Massachusetts, we'll be driving back and forth every year for at least one big vacation and we'll take a different route so we can see Scrambles too, but California will be the likely destination for all the rest of the vacations, there's so much to do... kind of like NY, you can drive for 8-9 hours and still be in the same state... suppose Texas would make for great road trips too. so much to dream about!

Yeayyyyy! Tomorrow will be warm enough to let Jazlyn collect eggs in the afternoon! I can also open the pop doors in the morning. With the windchill, it was below zero all day today. I didn't see anyone coming out, so I went ahead and left the doors shut. There was no point in letting the freezing air hit them when they were laying down and not active.

nice new avatar pic MC! and yeah, below zero windchill here today too. all are safe in their big runs, no wind and I don't have to freeze my butt off keeping an eye on them. the dogs don't seem to care, even though they have short hair. I don't have a sweater large enough for Chester anyway, but I do have stuff I could put on Peri, and maybe Belle - Belle is actually a pretty big pug. she's 21.5 lbs and she is not one bit overweight. you can feel her ribs... Belle is the only one who isn't overly eager to go out any chance they get... Chester would stay out all day if he could.

I've been gone awhile, I have lost another hen today my flock is dwindling. I am now looking for about 5-6 Leghorn hens and a couple buff Orpingtons hens so I can hatch some eggs. Does anyone have any Leeds?

Back
Top Bottom