Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

We had a bit of snow here today, but not bad. Maybe about an inch.
@cheeka When is your surgery? BTW ... I am really enjoying your chicken calendar.
1f425.png

I am not fond of the dark days. Because I leave for work at 6 a.m. and get home at 4:30 p.m. it's always dark.
1f621.png

I may not get a chance to take a Felfie tomorrow, and I love this pic from today so much, I printed a small copy to take to the hospital with me. surgery is Wednesday morning. tomorrow I teach my brother all the duties he'll need to take care of. 3 dogs, 2 cats, 61 chickens, 4 inside, the rest outside... two huge pens to tend to... but the major chores are done, we'll top off the big feeders tomorrow so all he'll have to do is give fresh water and the fun yummy fancy seeds and maybe a Pie if I can convince him to make them one...
I did not get a nap today and am surprised I'm still awake, but I won't be for much longer... I went to kindergarten at age 4 too, and I could not stay awake during nap time but for one day. my friends told me to keep my eyes peeled open because I missed out on playing - the kids who didn't sleep got to go play in the "lower gym" of the school... I made it just that one time, had fun and fell asleep on the bus home. the bus driver had to carry me to the door. my Mom told me to never do that again. I was a wreck. it's actually a core memory. I remember that day very well. I liked naps. there was only one or two other kids who slept and when we were woken, Mrs. Boehm would give us cookies and juice and we colored til the other kids came back. good times. now, I'm a bad napper, sleep far too long... like 4 hours. then I'm a cranky zombie.
MC. your sister in law is a crass, thoughtless POS. I'm so sorry. we love you dearly. so does Duckling. next time you see her, give her one of these
tongue.gif
and maybe a choice finger.
hugs.gif

Good luck with your brother! Lol!
The hardest part of the surgery will be not seeing the flocks for one whole day. I had no doubt you'd be hobbling out to see them. I didn't need you to admit it on Facebook. LOL!

we'll be in the mid 50's on Wednesday, with about an inch of rain expected. no snow in the 10 day forecast. I'll take it! we've only gotten 6" over the course of the season so far, we usually have 3' by now...

gotta be honest... I 'll be pushing it for sure, but I do have the 4 chicks in the house for a feathered fix... still... you're right. OK jumped in and said he was sure I'd have the flock inside for Pie by day 2... LOL

Last edited:
we'll be in the mid 50's on Wednesday, with about an inch of rain expected. no snow in the 10 day forecast. I'll take it! we've only gotten 6" over the course of the season so far, we usually have 3' by now...

gotta be honest... I 'll be pushing it for sure, but I do have the 4 chicks in the house for a feathered fix... still... you're right. OK jumped in and said he was sure I'd have the flock inside for Pie by day 2... LOL

Cheeka, do you hear from OK on facebook?

How long will you be in the hospital? You're bringing chickens pics, how about doggie pics?

MC. your sister in law is a crass, thoughtless POS. I'm so sorry. we love you dearly. so does Duckling. next time you see her, give her one of these
tongue.gif
and maybe a choice finger.
hugs.gif

goodpost.gif
MC, could not agree more. I didn't say anything at the time since you were trying to unwind, but that's exactly how I feel about it.
hugs.gif

we'll be in the mid 50's on Wednesday, with about an inch of rain expected.  no snow in the 10 day forecast.  I'll take it!  we've only gotten 6" over the course of the season so far, we usually have 3' by now...

gotta be honest... I 'll be pushing it for sure, but I do have the 4 chicks in the house for a feathered fix... still... you're right.  OK jumped in and said he was sure I'd have the flock inside for Pie by day 2... LOL

Lol! You probably will!

Guys, this thing that is happening in my life. I honestly hope you aren't ever rolling your eyes when I vent about it. My intent is that somewhere out there, someone is listening... In a good way. Ha ha! Not a creepy or gossipy/vicious way.
I'm not asking for sympathy. Just an ear (okay, eye!). If you want to tell me Duckling isn't as cute as I think she is, go for it!

MC, vent away, that's part of what we're all here for, and for our kids and critters! if you say that you're biased where Duckling is concerned, that's okay. maybe we are too... but honestly, she's so darling, so precious... and always makes me think of my Wrangler.

W4W, yes, OK and I are friends on Facebook, I waited a while before I outed him to the others of us who have FB accts... he is still missed here the most tho'.

eta - I'll have my phone, so I can show off all the dogs and all the chickens to anyone who is remotely interested - or even those who aren't lol... so... but I wanted one to hold onto. it should be a day procedure, and I'll be home by late Wednesday afternoon barring any mishaps. which won't happen. they won't. even if my Mom had a major stroke after knee surgery... she was a lot older than I am now when that happened in 2006, but her mother started having strokes at my age... so I'm a tad concerned about that.

Last edited:
We had a bit of snow here today, but not bad. Maybe about an inch.
@cheeka When is your surgery? BTW ... I am really enjoying your chicken calendar.
1f425.png

I am not fond of the dark days. Because I leave for work at 6 a.m. and get home at 4:30 p.m. it's always dark.
1f621.png
I am so glad you are enjoying your calendar, it was a fun experiment, that I will continue to do, but I will find a better template to work with, this one didn't have the option for moon phases and stuff...
I am also so grateful that the days are finally getting longer. I have wanted to go to bed by 6 pm for months. now that it's still light at 5 pm, it's starting to help. I want to go to bed at 7...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom