Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

You might be right! Those big dark eyes are Lorpy looking. I was thinking maybe a blue Marans. The hens don't always get the copper on the neck. I guess I should check her foot pads and see the skin color.
I'd be happy with either!
She could be a blue marans. Those are bread from cuckoo marans.

Mine had feathers on the feet though

Blue Australorp 11-15-2014.jpg

It is one of mine from Hupp Farms. She was beautiful!

She could be a blue marans. Those are bread from cuckoo marans.

Mine had feathers on the feet though
No hint of feathers on her legs. She just looks very familiar to me and I remembered a nice little black Marans I had a few years back. Similar comb and wattles. But, after you mentioned Australorps, that is a similar look too. Her eggs may be the final clue.

View attachment 2441496

It is one of mine from Hupp Farms. She was beautiful!
Very beautiful!
My 6 look like hatchery quality birds. Although the owner got them from a local lady with lots of breeds, I don't think any are close to SOP. That's fine with me.

If they were closer to me, I would have taken them!
She was an hour north of me. They rode in 2 big moving boxes. I think she will miss them. Said that she didn't really get them for eggs, she got them for pets, but getting eggs was her excuse. She has a couple of them trained to fly up on her arm.

No hint of feathers on her legs. She just looks very familiar to me and I remembered a nice little black Marans I had a few years back. Similar comb and wattles. But, after you mentioned Australorps, that is a similar look too. Her eggs may be the final clue.

Very beautiful!
My 6 look like hatchery quality birds. Although the owner got them from a local lady with lots of breeds, I don't think any are close to SOP. That's fine with me.
Hupp does have SOP australorps!

She could also be an hatchery blue orpington. The color of the eggs will help figure out what she is.

She was an hour north of me. They rode in 2 big moving boxes. I think she will miss them. Said that she didn't really get them for eggs, she got them for pets, but getting eggs was her excuse. She has a couple of them trained to fly up on her arm.
You will get a lot of pretty eggs from them!

Back
Top Bottom