Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by okallthis4eggs, May 25, 2012.

1. okallthis4eggs

okallthis4eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the advice but a new discovery called[​IMG] PIE [​IMG]works every time. Keep reading and [​IMG]

2. lindz8504

lindz8504 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2013
    Blue Ridge Mtns in NC
    Love it! I am still waiting on my eggs even with PIE... although I did start the PIE a little early, and my girls are just hitting the possible early laying age!

WELCOME TO BYC weasel killer!!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    [​IMG]
    so... OK, this is for you... this is just a small example of what you will see within a few short weeks as RK's babies grow and she still tries to cover them all. Peach only has 4... RK has 11! I will need to see pics of that! Pardon the poop, her kennel was soaking wet from the rain, I emptied it and flipped it upside down, she moved in before I had a chance to right it... she always kicks the bedding out anyway.

Henry arrived this afternoon - he's glorious! he's just perfect for Peach... then he promptly got into a fight with Max... and now he looks a bit beat up - bloodied comb and wattles, both of them. I separated Max, put him with the hens and all is calm. I wish I could post the pic I have of Henry, but he looks rough... he'll look better in a day or two, should have taken pics right away...

On a happier note, we had a Perfect Day here - glorious weather, lots of free range and 18 Eggs! that's everyone, can't count Peach, she's not laying again yet, nor are her 3 older chicks...

lindz, I am so happy to hear that you know where those dogs are. too bad you have to wait 3 weeks to get reimbursed, hope she comes through with her promises!

4. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    W4W, those little girls are beautiful! I've really developed an appreciation for the tiny chickens! I was wondering about your non-dust bathing fella... maybe he would like a different medium? have you tried sand? I think I might take him and dust him myself with some soft sand and a little massage to get him into it... my little Dutch is a great bather, but OEGB Brutus would just stand and watch, so I sprinkled dirt on him and rubbed it in... he took to it after a few times and does it himself now.

5. SullyD

SullyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    Quote:

6. SullyD

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    W4W Pretty birds!

Lindz, good for you keeping your cool, for now! I hope they keep their word.

Cheeka, there must be some page here for pictures like the one of Peach with all the little heads poking out! I can't wait to see RKB with all her babies!

WeaselKiller, I will try the turnip greens too. I hope something works soon! I actually had to go out and buy eggs [​IMG]

7. chirpingcricket

chirpingcricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL

8. okallthis4eggs

okallthis4eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Kentucky
    Pictures for sure. RK is pretty small already. Those Delawares will be twice her size. Should make some hilarious photo opportunities in a few weeks.

9. chirpingcricket

chirpingcricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    :eek:
    :gig

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. SullyD

Apr 13, 2013
    Southwest, FL
    Great, If PIE doesn't work, what else is there?? I may never get eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by