Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I wrapped a string of lights around my lamp post in the front yard. it looked nice and made it a lot brighter, so I left it... it got saggy this year, all the lights are clumped towards the bottom... I didn't even put up a tree this year, even so, I would have taken it down before New Years, but I have a really nice wreath that I got, wow... 2 decades ago or so, from the Fitchburg, Massachusetts VFW. I'll keep that up until the end of January. I have a few unique things to hang on the door throughout the year. my favorite is made from mussel shells and rope. it's getting fragile now, it's almost as old as the VFW traditional Christmas wreath... I have a huge hex sign, and several small ones for the "Welcome" theme...

I made 2 "ice bucket candle holders" from the chickens old water buckets. I let them freeze, then tipped them upside down, pretty cool, tomorrow, I'll get them set up with tealight candles, each should hold 4 candles nicely. I'll get pics.

Good grief! That actually looks good. My girls were happy with the cabbage head I threw in the run. They will get worms later.
Apparently you can't count your eggs before they are baked! I was putting freshly washed eggs in the fridge, and six fell. Five cracked, and one I even dropped again. They were still closed, so I baked them in muffin cups. DH can have egg sandwiches in the truck.

yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I tried. Six today. Yeay!

I have bags and bags of tea lights... so many that I filled an empty coffee can with tea lights... can I find a single tea light?????? nope. but these are the ice blocks... next time I'm going to put twigs and stuff like cranberries to freeze in the ice...

a pic with the flash...

4 eggs for me today, those reds are going to burn out within their first two years... shame... the rest take a day off, some more than others... but I'd rather they lay longer throughout their lives...

Nice OK! that's some breakfast! I'd gnaw on those bones meself... when I was a kid, my mom would give me the bone if we had red meat for supper, I was supposed to bring the dog outside and give him the bone. well... I would sit on the front step and pretty much strip the bone of all the nice meat my mom left, leave the dog the tendons, and the plain bone. I was so rotten...

My husband teethed on bones. He will now suck on a bone until I demand he stop. He does it in front of my family and in restaurants.
sickbyc.gif

My entire family has come after me for it, and now no one makes anything with a bone in it. Please understand, I don't mean he just cleans it. I mean he sucks the marrow out!

roflmbo! maybe his family is related to mine... I'm not nearly as bad as my dad or my brothers... and I've gotten some looks and comments about being so carnivorous...my best friend's Dad called me The Vulture... but the best (worst?) I ever saw was a young girl from Trinidad. I cooked a roast chicken and she raved about how perfectly it was cooked while she rolled the leg bones between her fingers and snapped them in half the long way and absolutely devoured every last morsel of marrow. she also ate the knuckles and gristle.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom