Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

7 Eggs for us today, and it was a gorgeous day - mid 50's, sunny... dug some more of the dome out, left a pile that will fill the wheelbarrow at least 2ce, but after hauling 3 heaping loads, I was done. lawn is cut, clippings are distributed, and I've gone through my tarps and plastic sheets to see what all I need before the snow flies. it's crazy to think that we could have snow in just a few weeks... it won't last, but it's best to be prepared in advance. because eventually it will last.

so... Mylee's toe was looking good this morning, I cleaned it up and rebandaged it before I went off to work... I had talked with her other Grandma who's with her while I work, and she told me that Mylee decided to take her bandage off to let it get some air... and whackadoo'd it again on the front steps... poor kid, just can't slow down... she's fine. she's one tough cookie.

Tips to increase egg production? I've got 8 layers, and am getting 2 avg eggs a day. I know everyone's coming out of molting, and fall (albeit in Texas) is upon us, but I am expecting more.

Thoughts?

Got the cutest little brown egg today! First one for my 19 week pullets. :D She is most likely one of the black stars since one of them has a very red and larger comb and wattle. :D Some of the others are catching up so we are getting eggs now! Well one anyway!
She laid it by the door and not the nesting boxes but its not really a problem yet anyway. And she will no doubt learn. :D

Got the cutest little brown egg today! First one for my 19 week pullets. :D She is most likely one of the black stars since one of them has a very red and larger comb and wattle. :D Some of the others are catching up so we are getting eggs now! Well one anyway!
She laid it by the door and not the nesting boxes but its not really a problem yet anyway. And she will no doubt learn. :D

clap.gif
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!

Tips to increase egg production? I've got 8 layers, and am getting 2 avg eggs a day. I know everyone's coming out of molting, and fall (albeit in Texas) is upon us, but I am expecting more.

Thoughts?

Let's see........I am thinking a extra large......with lettuce and grapes......noodles and scratch....and don't forget the bread broken up into pieces......topped with a few mealworms = The Ultimate PIE. Now how bad do you want eggs?
yippiechickie.gif

7 Eggs for us today, and it was a gorgeous day - mid 50's, sunny... dug some more of the dome out, left a pile that will fill the wheelbarrow at least 2ce, but after hauling 3 heaping loads, I was done. lawn is cut, clippings are distributed, and I've gone through my tarps and plastic sheets to see what all I need before the snow flies. it's crazy to think that we could have snow in just a few weeks... it won't last, but it's best to be prepared in advance. because eventually it will last.

so... Mylee's toe was looking good this morning, I cleaned it up and rebandaged it before I went off to work... I had talked with her other Grandma who's with her while I work, and she told me that Mylee decided to take her bandage off to let it get some air... and whackadoo'd it again on the front steps... poor kid, just can't slow down... she's fine. she's one tough cookie.

I cleaned the chimney Sunday to prepare for the cold. Wood is cut, stacked, and covered and I have plenty of it. Not looking forward to cold but it isn't far away. Need to find or make another heater to keep my water from freezing in the broody coop. The chicks and RK need to find their winter coats. For now happiness (or being warm in this case) is being in the middle of a 12 chicken pileup.

Big Red's first chicklet. Chicken Boy was able to get a peek this morning when he fed the crew. Hopefully, we will have at least one more, maybe 2 by the time we get home today.

awww perty! if it's silvery faced, it's likely a boy... if that's an EE anyway... it's common for EE's to hatch with chipmunk stripes, and then feather out to look completely different from one another

Woohoo!
yippiechickie.gif
The first egg is so eggciting. I put golf balls in the nest boxes to show them where to lay.

Back
Top Bottom