Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I'm actively trying to make their hideouts outside the run uncomfortable, they don't like me walking around out there and head back to the run when I go to find them (I'm looking to find anywhere they may have started laying. I have three roosters who don't leave the run (I don't know if they are to heavy or just don't care to follow the leghorns out, they have willing girls squatting for them in the run) I even saw a rooster dance from my biggest one yesterday, not that he has to try hard, he's the best looking of the three, dominant to the other two, he's the only one who's doing a full crow, and takes good care of the girls. I was quite happy to see that this week, because I was worried i would have to cull the best looking one if he was a jerk.

since i've only found the one egg, it was cold after I did my chores, I'm hoping they will lay in the morning, as that is when they are left undisturbed the longest.

oy raisins... yes they try to get my finger tips for those! they are pigs... and pretty much love everything.

I'm so sore and tired. plum wore out from helping again. but it's got to be done. the 100 mile route that I love has had more problems with late mail than we have... so I've been running half that route - I was supposed to help on Saturday - but the mail didn't arrive until 11:30 and when it did, it was ridiculous. literally 2 inches of letters. no magazines or other "flats" and a handful of parcels. they got over 3000 pieces of mail today. because I was so late coming home, no one got to free range, but I had plenty of treats to share..

I almost got 10 Eggs today - first thing this morning, I found a soft shell egg. before I left for work, Peachy had laid her pretty little egg, and there were 8 more when I got home. nothing from the Cochins yet, but it can't be much longer, they do sit in the nest... and they are getting used to me now, one of them braved eating from my hand today.

oy raisins... yes they try to get my finger tips for those! they are pigs... and pretty much love everything.

I'm so sore and tired. plum wore out from helping again. but it's got to be done. the 100 mile route that I love has had more problems with late mail than we have... so I've been running half that route - I was supposed to help on Saturday - but the mail didn't arrive until 11:30 and when it did, it was ridiculous. literally 2 inches of letters. no magazines or other "flats" and a handful of parcels. they got over 3000 pieces of mail today. because I was so late coming home, no one got to free range, but I had plenty of treats to share..

I almost got 10 Eggs today - first thing this morning, I found a soft shell egg. before I left for work, Peachy had laid her pretty little egg, and there were 8 more when I got home. nothing from the Cochins yet, but it can't be much longer, they do sit in the nest... and they are getting used to me now, one of them braved eating from my hand today.

My husband works for a company that does custom printing such as Home owner associations, government taxes, insurance companies ect.... They work closely with the postal service and have a postal inspector in the building. He said today they probably put out 34,000 pieces of mail. The mail trucks pick up at their plant and go straight to the regional hub. He says to tell you that he can definately relate!
he.gif

I didn't get any eggs today, and one of the candy bar trio seems to be limping a bit. I got her out and didn't feel or see anything wrong. I guess I will just keep an eye on her. The chicks are doing ok, but Clarabelle keeps trying to get to them through the crate.... Not sure if they are ever going to be able to integrate into her brood.
th.gif
The one chick that she drew blood on is doing ok, but seems to be having problems with getting a pasty butt, which is where the wounds were.... I have to check her a few times a day and clean her up. The others aren't bothering her at all. The one little cockerel is still swooning over the new chicks! I think he is going to make an AMAZING rooster!
fl.gif

poor roo...she is one tough character!
gig.gif
no free rides...

my Aunt has officially named Sillie Silkie "Sue". this way it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl. (Johnny Cash... boy named Sue)
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom