Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I baked a pack of chicken thighs last night... so I could eat all week... and decided to make use of the fat - or liquid gold as I like to call it...

I heated it to liquid, added a couple of tablespoons of honey and poured in the BOSS, cracked corn and millet...

the round pans are fluted with a small "bundt" cake style post in the bottom. when they are turned upright, I can fill the little space with yogurt... or fruit. they're in the fridge til tomorrow... or maybe Wednesday. I need to spend some time tomorrow with my elderly friend, she's gotten some bills in... although even with that, I should be home while there is still a good amount of daylight.

6 Eggs today - only 1 from the Fosters and 1 from my Blu! come on Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could lay some serious eggs with PIE like that

EIGHT
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
EIGHT......Today We Laid EIGHT More Eggs....

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Wow, the barred one hasn't missed a day since she started laying! And Hecate has only missed a couple of days. I was thinking maybe three or four a week from each would be awesome, and here they have given me a dozen in 6 days. Is it just the first rush and then they will slow down?

Gosh, I hope George is a pullet.

I am not sure why it didn't put anything that I wrote on there! One of the girls really out did herself today! I got this huge egg, and a total of 12! The hen with the wound is doing fine, and other than her feathers looking funny, you can't tell anything is wrong.

We are expecting 4-10 inches of snow between tomorrow and Thursday.... we haven't had that much in several years!

Jchny - awesome recover by your brother!! I hope you get some quiet time coming up to relax.

Lindz- ouch that looks like it hurt to pop that out! Good luck w the snow!!! We're suppose to get some wed night into Thursday. The only thing I'm worried about is losing power w the babies. But we have wood stoves and can get the temp up to 80 easily in the living room if needed.

No pics today. I decided to give them a break from their modeling career. We'll see what inspires me tomorrow .

Whoops-great egg numbers for only 2. Your BR might over take Rodger in number of eggs laid!!

Everyone else- hi!!! Hope you're doing well!!!!

P.s. Scrambles I hear a little chickie calling your name at Big R!!!!

congrats for all the awesome eggs everyone got!

lindz, I hope you do get some fun snow that the kids can enjoy playing in... and then I hope it melts. I'm not minding it so much... but I don't want any more. I want Spring, and chicks...

congrats for all the awesome eggs everyone got!

lindz, I hope you do get some fun snow that the kids can enjoy playing in... and then I hope it melts. I'm not minding it so much... but I don't want any more. I want Spring, and chicks...

I think it is supposed to be up in the 50's by the weekend.... so even if we get a bunch of snow, it probably won't last but a few days.

Back
Top Bottom