Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

The pullets are beginning to like me. "We want food". It is cute and adorable how they fly through the yard to greet me. "Feed us!" Last night, they hovered around me while I sat on the lawn. "Give us treats or we will eat your toes!!" awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww................ such darlings.
hugs.gif

It's unlikely that I will get any rooster soup out of Maggie since she isn't a rooster but since she squatted tonight I suppose we can let her live another day.

Lindz- yay for chicks! Congrats Bitty

Scrambles I am totally jealous of your birds' beards. None if my fancy breeder ones do. I feel so ripped off. Grrrrr

We ranged for an hour but the hawk was flying around so we brought it in after a short while. The girls are now resting after gorging themselves on weeds, bugs, my garden, scraps, and scratch. There will be no more eggs today!

I brought Rumples out for some supervised time on the grass. She was in heaven. Her kids gathered around and all took a nap together. Chickens are so dang entertaining!
gig.gif
I put Rump back in her pen so that I could eat some dinner. Then back out I go with camera in hand for more evening grass time.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Back
Top Bottom