Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

To everyone with new layers.....
thumbsup.gif

It is 9:45 in the morning here and I already have 5 eggs. AND...... Smoke is on the nest.
fl.gif
Could it be that my 4 year old BSL is going to lay???? And IF Penny lays.... well, dare I say.

fl.gif

I am up to three hens laying eggs now! Yeah Me!

We have had two eggs a day for 3 days now and apparently last yesterday in the middle of the snow storm one of the RIRs decided to join them. But is was frozen and cracked by the time we found it this morning. :(

But that means we are only waiting for one more to figure it out! Happy Times!

I am up to three hens laying eggs now! Yeah Me!

We have had two eggs a day for 3 days now and apparently last yesterday in the middle of the snow storm one of the RIRs decided to join them. But is was frozen and cracked by the time we found it this morning. :(

But that means we are only waiting for one more to figure it out! Happy Times!
Great news!

I had 3 brown eggs when I went out this morning. That's about all I can reasonably expect today since I had 2 blue yesterday. Those heritage ameracaunas don't exactly lay every single day like my production birds do.

The middle lite cream colored one is Bitty's. Dark brown is a Golden cuckoo marans. Not sure who is laying the other 2! I'm amazed at the green one, it makes my other greens and blue look white!

Last edited:
Min, Phyllis says she'll be glad to hold it in til your guys start!!!!

10 otherwise!

Well we had snow, rain, snow and now sleet. It is such a mess outside and everything is going to freeze. Ugghhh!

I can believe how stupidly happy the sight of 4 eggs in the nest box at 8 am makes me. 2 brown and 2 blue this morning. Hopefully the last one gives me an egg today to make it a perfect 5 egg day. That would be most excellent.

Back
Top Bottom