Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I don't know what these seeds are. I've never seen them before and they are all over the road. the chickens think they are interesting enough to keep checking them out. until they decide they don't want to eat them, shooing them back to the yard is futile.

overnight growth explosion

Wingz popped a tail

good shake - "RJ" Royce Junior. as far as looks go... he'll be as beautiful if not more so. lots of colors coming in already - and he has 2 copies of a blue egg gene. he will not be anyone's dinner unless he's an absolute dink.

22 Eggs today, and a party tomorrow! Royce, Wilma, Betty, Blu, Isis, and Rose all turn 3! I figure the Fosters hatch day is also close, they were Spring chicks the same year... so we'll be celebrating big time! it's supposed to be chilly, about 50 at the height of the day, but clear and sunny, so heck yes!!

MY VERY FIRST EGG, laid by one of my Easter Eggers:

I am SO excited! Now, to just figure out which of my little ladies laid it!

And how in the world and am I going to cook this egg up? I can't decide!

I'm totally going to check for a fertile "bullseye" when I crack it open, too.

WOOHOO! The fun begins!

wee.gif

MY VERY FIRST EGG, laid by one of my Easter Eggers:

I am SO excited! Now, to just figure out which of my little ladies laid it!

And how in the world and am I going to cook this egg up? I can't decide!

I'm totally going to check for a fertile "bullseye" when I crack it open, too.

WOOHOO! The fun begins!

wee.gif
You can blow it out and save it!

So, I've got one hen out of my original four pullets left. Three turned out to be roosters! Bad luck I suppose. And now I'm dying for her to lay. She's an Aussie RIR ameraucana mix supposedly. 23 weeks old. Like I'm starting to think maybe she's a he too. In the mean time I acquired 3 ameraucana chicks and one Banny hen and one game fowl hen. Those two are giving me eggs here and there but it's not MY hen laying eggs! I haven't bought eggs yet this week and honestly I don't want to! Lol it's gonna kill me!

So, I've got one hen out of my original four pullets left. Three turned out to be roosters! Bad luck I suppose. And now I'm dying for her to lay. She's an Aussie RIR ameraucana mix supposedly. 23 weeks old. Like I'm starting to think maybe she's a he too. In the mean time I acquired 3 ameraucana chicks and one Banny hen and one game fowl hen. Those two are giving me eggs here and there but it's not MY hen laying eggs! I haven't bought eggs yet this week and honestly I don't want to! Lol it's gonna kill me!

Lol, my pullets took until 43 weeks to lay, bunch of free loaders..... ;)

Congratulations Marie! what a beautiful egg! I'm with ron, I would blow it. I still have my very first egg's shell. it's so tiny...

kdolly -
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
- that sounds like something that would happen to me... every time I hand pick chicks... 3 out of 4 will be boys.
fl.gif
your girl will hopefully lay you a beauty within a month

MC, always! hope all is well!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom