Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Saw this on another thread and it made me laugh. Had to share!

11215740_10153375990924014_5149360315970899098_n.jpg

woot.gif
So 11 eggs in about 5 days means you probably have 2-4 laying right now. When the rest join in you are going to need a wheelbarrow to collect them! Got your egg cartons ready?
big_smile.png

Curious- How much are you going to charge per dozen? The prices people charge seem to vary quite a bit. Store eggs are expensive in CA now since they passed a law that the hens have to be cage free.

I love the stink eye on the one in front, and the one on the right has a moth. Mama has a slice of a peach.

Genvieve is hanging in there, I keep massaging and lifting her crop, I tried to wrap her with a bandanna, but she just stood there. when I took it off, she went foraging and sunned and took a vigorous bath. she ate quite a few peach slices - I bought them specifically for her, and got enough for everybody because I know better...

Hi to all, have been reading your posts with interest as part of my evening surf and learn. I have 8 chickens 2 are a bit over two years old and my youngsters are about 21 weeks old. One of my older 2 is a brahma and only lays an occasional egg while my EE rarely skips a day. With only one hen laying needles to say we save our eggs for Sunday brunch but not much more. My little girls are charming full of chicky antics but still NO eggs! I give them treats, speak to them sweetly but nothing yet. Since I leave in the north east, is there a possibility that they might skip laying and wait until next spring? Any thoughts welcome! Btw my new girls are a golden laced Wyandotte, a silver laced Wyandotte, 2 EE, 1 barred Plymouth Rock and a speckled Sussex. Will try to post pics if I can figure out how!

:woot    So 11 eggs in about 5 days means you probably have 2-4 laying right now.  When the rest join in you are going to need a wheelbarrow to collect them!  Got your egg cartons ready?  :D

Curious-  How much are you going to charge per dozen?  The prices people charge seem to vary quite a bit.  Store eggs are expensive in CA now since they passed a law that the hens have to be cage free.
I live in northwestern PA an cage free Brown eggs r going for 4.50 a dozen. Yes I have my egg cartons ready I have over 100 to start with. No I won't need a wheelbarrow my wife collects twice during the day I collect in the evening. I have not decided what to charge yet

frow.gif
sophia, sounds like you have a pretty bunch and we look forward to seeing photos - that will also help us to let you know who is closest to point of lay... but if you see the little square in the icons along the top of the reply window, the one with the mountain and sun (silhouette) that is the photo upload icon... take it step by step, pretty easy once you get the hang of it. also, betcha they all start within the next 2 months. 1 month max for the majority and the late bloomers (we all have at least one...) will take a few more weeks. they won't skip this season. they should lay beautifully all winter long.

Back
Top Bottom