Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I really need my hens to lay eggs soon. I’m tired of weak shells and pale yolks :sick
Off with their heads!! :barnie
How old are the older hens?

I would give the older hens good layer feed, fresh greens like grasses and herbs. Maybe some corn and dried insects 🦀 🐛 And for the shells, I would give them some Calcium supplements until the shells are strong (can be a scrambled tablet, egg shells, or Oyster 🦪 🐚 . Can you let them fee range a few hours a day? Healthy chickens that eat good food, lay tastefull eggs with nice yolks and strong shells.

p.s my youngest girl (pullet) got out of winterstop. Yesterday she gave me a little creamy egg 🥚.

Last edited:
How old are the older hens?

I would give the older hens good layer feed, fresh greens like grasses and herbs. Maybe some corn and dried insects 🦀 🐛 And for the shells, I would give them some Calcium supplements until the shells are strong (can be a scrambled tablet, egg shells, or Oyster 🦪 🐚 . Can you let them fee range a few hours a day? Healthy chickens that eat good food, lay tastefull eggs with nice yolks and strong shells.

p.s my youngest girl (pullet) got out of winterstop. Yesterday she gave me a little creamy egg 🥚.
I agree. I'm getting lovely tasty eggs from my newly started laying pullets this year.

Back
Top Bottom