Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

This is true. For the last 2 weeks my hen Frightful was not laying consistantly and Crackers was still too young. So this last pay day i went out and bought 18 eggs. Well wouldnt you know it, Frightful immediately started laying big brown perfect eggs and Crackers started laying! Now I ahve 4 home eggs and 18 store eggs......we go through 18 eggs in about 3 weeks lol. Guess I can give them to my mother in law lol.
Bake a cake!

Buy a dozen from another backyarder. The daily minimum dose of eggs for good health and longevity is six per person per day. So take that into account in your estimate.
Have you been drinking 🍷 🍸 🍺? Vegans all die within a 100 year because they don’t eat enough eggs. And egg eaters live happily ever after?

There have been several studies about eating eggs and health. One article based on research (Stanford) I read a while back says not more then 3 eggs a day. And for people with diabetes or heart problems even less. How many eggs you can safely eat each day also depends on lifestyle and other food you eat (sugars, refined grains, processed meat). And its not only the quantity that counts. Biological / farm-fresh eggs are healthier than the cheap industrial eggs (in general).

Here is one of the articles I find interesting to read:
https://www.pritikin.com/your-health/healthy-living/eating-right/1704-are-eggs-healthy.htmlThere is much more to read if you search the internet. Some in contradiction to another. And probably some payed by the egg industry as well. The one from Stanford I didn't find again.

Anyway my conclusion is not to eat too many eggs a day. Especially not the yolks.

Back
Top Bottom