Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Goodness, I didn’t post here! My RSL began laying again this past Sunday. One week after I bought eggs. :confused: I was expecting it, and it saves me having to get white eggs for Easter. I’m still waiting for the other slackers. The youngest are nineteen weeks, the slackers are 6 months, and the RSL & Welsummer are one. Wheeeeere are my eggs? :caf
Meanwhile, I am loving that I do have eggs again. No more rationing out eggs for baked goods.
1d4c21e6_smilies-3434.png

Most of my hens are old, but 2 of the 9yr olds have been popping out the occasional egg. :D The mob is down to 11 hens, the youngest few are 4 yrs now. I got 5 eggs yesterday! :wee Spring eggs are the best... we have green grass for the girls and it makes the yolks so orange and yummy. I'm getting hungry...

Most of my hens are old, but 2 of the 9yr olds have been popping out the occasional egg. :D The mob is down to 11 hens, the youngest few are 4 yrs now. I got 5 eggs yesterday! :wee Spring eggs are the best... we have green grass for the girls and it makes the yolks so orange and yummy. I'm getting hungry...
How sweet it must be to see the old ladies out and about

Duckling is loving this chicken and egg shortage because I have eggs, and we can eat the birds. I’m making SURE I don’t scare her while explaining the situation.
Meanwhile, we’re getting tired of the freeloading pullets. Five or six, I cannot decide. One I swear is a cockerel, but I cannot be sure.

Duckling is loving this chicken and egg shortage because I have eggs, and we can eat the birds. I’m making SURE I don’t scare her while explaining the situation.
Meanwhile, we’re getting tired of the freeloading pullets. Five or six, I cannot decide. One I swear is a cockerel, but I cannot be sure.
It is nice to have eggs when others do not!

Makes me happy to have chickens

Back
Top Bottom