Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Oh man! I always do that! LOL!! My girls are doing great! I gave my broody two babies last summer, but that’s it, not getting any more!
I will need to get some more this year but am waiting until the covid 19 craziness is over.

Oh man! I always do that! LOL!! My girls are doing great! I gave my broody two babies last summer, but that’s it, not getting any more!
Do you have pictures? Are they all laying right now? I’m still waiting on four. Two are still young, so I’m being patient. The other two are just being mean to me.

I have four store bought eggs left in the refrigerator and four Golden Comets that are 18 weeks old tomorrow. Should I buy eggs or wait it out? This is a tough one. What to do?
Th
I have four store bought eggs left in the refrigerator and four Golden Comets that are 18 weeks old tomorrow. Should I buy eggs or wait it out? This is a tough one. What to do?
Of course that depends on how much you eat eggs. If they are hens they are due to lay anytime. If you have a good nest for them you can try putting anything that looks like an egg in anyway into the nest. My neighbor put 3 store bought eggs when she started out with new hens I once used burned out light bulbs with the point down. Or rocks shaped in any way like an egg. But the best thing are the artificial ceramic egg often sold in feed stores. They will stare at it and get the message often and soon begin laying eggs there. That reminds me, I have three 20 week old hens I'm waiting on and I think tomorrow I'll put the ceramic eggs in their nest. It sends a message.

Go buy one more dozen. This will cause your birds to lay, on the same principle as getting in the shower if you want the phone to ring.

Oh not the first time I have replied to and old thread. Hum I will learn now. Check the dates check the dates always check the dates. Smh

Back
Top Bottom