Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Just wait...it gets better. I have three broodies that are not laying now, I just gave away my last dozen, if i want more I gotta rob a nest-the one where the broody got up and left after two days...can you imagine my neighbor cracking open an egg and a chick falls out....he'd be scarred for life...then I just got six orphan chicks this am ...how to make an omelet with scrambled chicks...any recipes out there? Twelve eggs out, six chicks in....something is going on..

Great......something else to look forward to. Do you think my cross dressing roosters will fertilize eggs? Or are they only interested in other roosters? Do they know I will kill them? No way can I give somebody eggs with a chick inside. And this flock of nut cases will surely think of doing something that evil.

i didn't think about it till later, after I got two more eggs to make a dozen...well there wouldn't be much development after two days, not really enough to notice anyway. Yeah, it would be funny if your roosters start laying eggs now, your sure they are really hens?

i didn't think about it till later, after I got two more eggs to make a dozen...well there wouldn't be much development after two days, not really enough to notice anyway. Yeah, it would be funny if your roosters start laying eggs now, your sure they are really hens?
I would go take their picture and let you make the call if they are hen or rooster but its way too hot. If they see me coming they would probably lay on their backs with their feet in the air and fake heat stroke. But I have learned a few things. Its really watermelon withdrawals. But still its hard to get a good picture like that.

Oooooooo, that's cheating! You're supposed to start with just hatched babies and nervously wait for them to lay; losing sleep, training them to roost at night, gnashing your nails, pouring tons of money into brooding supplies and feed, pampering them during the heat wave, and watching for every change or squat before you get eggs. You have to EARN those eggs!!
Yep...NO FAIR! I've been waiting anxiously for weeks and these no good lazy freeloaders still aren't laying! My Rooster goes in the nest boxes and gives them daily lessons too.
barnie.gif

Quote:

Oooooooo, that's cheating! You're supposed to start with just hatched babies and nervously wait for them to lay; losing sleep, training them to roost at night, gnashing your nails, pouring tons of money into brooding supplies and feed, pampering them during the heat wave, and watching for every change or squat before you get eggs. You have to EARN those eggs!!
LOL Agreed!!! Im anxiously awaiting my first egg also. All the signs are there they are 18 1/2 weeks old its gotta be any day. Waiting paitently as I am pacing and twiddling thumbs. Its funny because hubby always calls them freeloaders I say "Hey not nice they are making their egg makers we wouldnt yell at a preg woman whos taking to long" lol and now I feel like the husband(im a girl) to these chickens pacing the waiting room in the old days waiting for first egg to be delivered.

Animallover congrats on the eggs
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom