Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

OK, how do you know who isn't laying eggs? I've been trying to figure which goes to whom since they started laying. Most are obvious, but there are 3 that I can't always tell.
Now the serious answer. I don't know. I have four Golden Comets. Three of them lay dark brown eggs. One of them lays a brown egg but not as dark as the other three. If that egg is missing I know she didn't lay. If a dark brown egg is missing I know only that one of those three didn't lay. The two BR' and the two BO's lay much lighter eggs but close in color. The other BR (not Roger) is very small and lays the smallest egg of all of them. One of the BO's is a large bird and lays the largest egg of those four. The other two lay eggs close in size and color and unless I see one of them in the nest box I don't know. So between process of elimination, knowing the birds, the color, size of eggs ect you have a pretty good idea who did what

Quote: My coop is too tight for a skunk to get into it. So Roger gets all of the credit. Way to go Belle
clap.gif

lau.gif
Yeah, I kind of thought it was like that!
lol.png

But,

Maybe something besides Roger is eating those eggs...

Possibly one of these... ?

Here is the beast that saved us from that poor lil varmint.

Belle now has the most terrible skunk breath. Must have got down in her lungs.
sickbyc.gif
time for another poem!!! Victory is Sweet, Even if Belle's Breath is Not!
gig.gif
poor little stinky darlin'
hugs.gif
hugs from a distance!

time for another poem!!! Victory is Sweet, Even if Belle's Breath is Not!
gig.gif
poor little stinky darlin'
hugs.gif
hugs from a distance!

Belle Battles the Beast

‘Twas a battle royal to behold,
One big and fierce, one small but bold.
Face to face, each took its measure.
Face to tail, one sprayed at leisure.
Ferocious growls, tails held high,
For one wee soul, the end was nigh.
Shrouded by the inky dark
The victor was proclaimed by bark.
One laid still upon the night,
One life ended after valiant fight.
Tho’ from beyond, revenge was served,
A punishment much deserved,
For tho’ she lives and still takes breath,
Belle reeks the pungent stink of death.

Last edited:
My cross-beak,, Cadbury reminds me of a Roger. She is an Aracauna. While I am standing inside the coop, I have the half door to the feed room open. I lean over, and begin filling a feeder. She jumps on my back, walks down, jumps off me like a diving board straight into the feed. No flying or fluttering. She DOVE! I removed her so i could get the last of the feed out of the can, and she just jumps up on the door underneath me, looks up at me, and jumps back in the can.
Then she called to the others to jump over the door while I am hanging the feeder. Someone was kind enough to do a big pile in front of the door.

My leghorn likes to try to jump on me. I STRONGLY discourage her from this since she tracked one of those big piles all over my shirt.
sickbyc.gif

Quote: Cadbury was finding a bunch of those piles for a while. I stepped away several times when she came to me, which resulted in her ignoring me for about a month. That means she wasn't getting her feedings, and lost weight. Now I am sure to wear a raggedy hoodie with the hood up. I stay clean, the jacket is just for the coop. It was before (bio hazard yada yada) but now the hood is kept up, and the jacket is zipped.

Belle Battles the Beast

‘Twas a battle royal to behold,
One big and fierce, one small but bold.
Face to face, each took its measure.
Face to tail, one sprayed at leisure.
Ferocious growls, tails held high,
For one wee soul, the end was nigh.
Shrouded by the inky dark
The victor was proclaimed by bark.
One laid still upon the night,
One life ended after valiant fight.
Tho’ from beyond, revenge was served,
A punishment much deserved,
For tho’ she lives and still takes breath,
Belle reeks the pungent stink of death.
clap.gif
so good!
Though she's confined to the garage
the families love is like a barrage
it may come from 10 feet away
but she knows she conquered and saved the day!

Poor Belle, she thinks she smells very good, like the best perfume in the world and wonders why you don't recognise divine aromas too? Haha. I think Roger signs her eggs doesn't she? Roger would probably love to roll around on a dead skunk.

Back
Top Bottom